• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JackoDo

Reaction score
Suuuuper interested in the SSENSE owl coat... As someone between 46 and 48, how does the sizing fair? According to the measurements it's just .75 inches width across the body, and .5 in length. I don't want to look like I'm drowning in the coat! (Though that'd be a comfortable way to drown).

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's look fine IMO if you were at least 6 feet tall

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suuuuper interested in the SSENSE owl coat... As someone between 46 and 48, how does the sizing fair? According to the measurements it's just .75 inches width across the body, and .5 in length. I don't want to look like I'm drowning in the coat! (Though that'd be a comfortable way to drown).
How tall are you? There is a photo on this thread of Nick Wooster wearing it pretty well, and he's 5ft 6'' according to Google.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He emailed Wooster to trade me and got no reply

:(

JackoDo

Reaction score
@Mulan

I'm 5'11" ! I preordered some Lemaire tops from Suspension Point and they told me to go for 48 (bigger = more to the Lemaire aesthetic?) but I'm a bit hesitant since this coat is already slouchy-ish

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It 's up to how you want to wear it. Length should be fine but you can cuff the sleeves. It's a beautiful fabric so well worth it still IMO. If anything it'll make a fabulous blanket of sorts.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it final sale? Even if it is I don't imagine it would be too hard to sell if you need to.
Toasty did you order the green jacket?

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes

It is the spring jacket for me. More akin to what I'd prefer as a bomber/flight jacket.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool. I was really hoping I could get the shawl collar zip blouson from somewhere but either it wasn't made in a 52 or they sold out super quick, so I'll probably end up buying it too, I not a huge fan of the button sleeve, that's all. I mean it's fine, I'd just prefer a rib cuff like the shawl collar one. I do really like that green though, If I see the draped cardigan in that green I'm buying it.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody got a pair of the white denim from this season?
I think he used to have 2 different fits - a slim fit and then a more relaxed, carrot fit.
Barneys and Ssense both have them on sale and they both seem to be a slim fit. I'm just wondering if anybody has them and can comment on them.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried on the carrot fit before.

IMO I believe he has 2 fits: Carrot fit and straight fit. And the only difference is in the taper of the leg. I imagine the seat is the same for both cuts. Personally I'd prefer the straight fit that is available this season. I think there is white, black, and navy. Straight fit seems more proportional and I think the carrot fit would work better with a lighter fabric.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of the straight fit @OccultaVexillum

I forgot to mention the inseam is pretty damn long. Here's to hoping the straight fit is at least 19cm so I can have some big cuffs. I'm really hoping it is wide legged denim..

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gettoasty
Nice. Definitely let me know how they are. Where did you order from?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads