1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LEMAIRE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Naka, Jan 29, 2015.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Lemaire seems to be slimming everything down. Bummer.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

I have began to take notice too. I hope this trend does not continue.

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I dunno. There seem to be a few more slimmer options but the volume is still present in most of it. The chinos for next summer looked like the perfect Lemaire proportions, I really regret not pre-ordering them.

Slightly on topic, the elasticated pants are the ideal pair of pants for long flights. Cut loose, drawstring waist, comfy AF, cotton/linen/wool/silk...

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

The size 50 waist measurement in those FW16 pants I linked to above is about the same as the waist measurement of size 48 SS16 pants that Matchesfashion carried, hence my comment.

Re: elasticated pants
    The black cotton/silk version was sold out when I placed my order. Debating buying the midnight cotton/chambray ones.
    How does the style fit size wise in relation to the one-pleated pants?

5. OccultaVexillum

I'm wearing my chambray from ss15 right now. I have two pairs in a 50 (these and cotton/silk) and then a size 48 (wool/linen). I prefer the 50's but the 48's are fine too, the waist is still a little big even on the 48 (I definitely need to tie the drawstring) it's just a slimmer fit overall.

6. JackoDo

JackoDo Senior member

If anyone has a draped cardigan in 46-48 that they're willing to sell, hit me up! Love the look of It tucked into pants...

7. OccultaVexillum

New stuff on Barneys at last. I finally found my size in the chalk button up v-neck.

8. LefftofCentre

LefftofCentre Active Member

I have a draped cardigan in ecru (48) that I've worn twice.

I'd be happy to sell it to you because it ended up being longer than I wanted.

I can send you pics later when I get home if you want

Lemme know

9. JackoDo

JackoDo Senior member

Def interested! Can you make a Grailed post? If not, dm me!

10. conceptionist

While we are on the topic of items we want to sell:

I just got a detachable collar shirt from SS16 in chalk, size 50. Wonderful shirt but it does not fit that well into my wardrobe that is currently a bit technical with a more modern aesthetic. New with tags still attached. Let me know if you are interested.

11. OccultaVexillum

12. conceptionist

The fit is great.
    It is the style, or aesthetic if you will, that does not go very well with the rest of my wardrobe. Otherwise I would keep it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  13. OccultaVexillum

Oh ok, it's too traditional or something?

14. conceptionist

Yes, it feels more traditional, time-less and sensual/romantic (like the overall Lemaire aesthetic the past few seasons) than where my personal style is heading. I'm currently into Peir Wu, Yang Li, the technical/sharp side of Dries Van Noten, Stone Island and that sort of thing, which I would say is more futuristic and cold.

So it is nothing against the shirt itself. I just realised it might be difficult to incorporate some Lemaire pieces into my wardrobe. Maybe that is also why I really liked the SS17 collection. It seems to be more in line with what I typically wear.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  15. OccultaVexillum

Yeah makes sense. I still don't own a convertible collar shirt (I'm waiting for one in his "dune" or "chalk" colours). And I really liked those SS17 trousers with the cinch details.

Has anybody seen the popover overshirt thing yet? It's not in stock on the webstore yet (just product shots) but it seems like everything arrives at stockists first and then goes on the webstore a bit later.

16. Maxwellll

Maxwellll Senior member

1 person likes this.
  17. baklanyc

baklanyc Senior member

Scratch one Lemaire retailer from our list: it would appear that The Corner has closed shop.

http://www.thecorner.com/us/landing/goodbye

I was stalking a few Lemaire pieces from them that were already at 70% off, but I still wasn't compelled to pull the trigger. I suppose they'll show up on Yoox now, but marked up to near full price again!

18. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Many of the individual women's pieces on the Lemaire site look great. I hope they incorporate some of it into future men's collections.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  19. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

20. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member