• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Pretty good collaboration though.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the new Lemaire women's SS16 collection debuted in Paris today, and it's quite a departure from his usual, much less minimal than ever. Considering he's been doing his look for the last 6 years and many other labels have started to co-opt it, seems like his evolution of the brand has started.
A few things I got out of it.
-The espadrille boots were interesting. Never seen that before.
-I guess everyone is to expect one red dress from now on?
-Look 11 is everything I want to see added to his menswear.
-I thought two of the models resembled Sarah, and I'm not talking about the Asian one.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can we have a uniqlo x lemaire specific thread before this one gets clogged up to death

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some pieces i.e. wool coat is not on the site - was it never there or did it sell out already? 

Yeah we missed out on a few things...as in they arent for sale on aus at all

Ill see if i can post some pics in About 2 hrs guys its 805 here and im on my way to the store

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the pieces are up on the UK site if you go to "New arrivals" instead of the "official" collab page.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys took me a while to try all the stuff.

Let me say, the photos may have looked bad, but most of the stuff looks very nice in person im happy to say.

Pants fit slimmer irl but its a pretty straight fit and it looked awkward on me so i didnt buy it. Really comfy though.

The fabrics for the sweats are really good, the shirts good, the collarless looks very good in person.

There was a line of around 10 ppl and by the time i came out aftrr changing sizes xs to m were gone for the good stuff, wanted to try tge other trouser to see how it is but couldn't, had to be quick, overall happy with everything i got wanted.

Some stuff available online wasnt actually there, sometimes colour variant or just the whole style. Some of the stuff fits pretty loose as this is lemaires signature tailoring.

I bought the knitted cardigan, shawl neck knit, 3b cashmere blazer and collarless shirt.

Womens stock was pretty poor, not really anything nice. Will up pics soon.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did the shawl collar cashmere coat fit? I know for certain I want the convertible shirt and ~2 collarless shirts, but that shawl coat looks like it could rock if it fits. Also, how was the green compared to the black? Which trouser did you happen to try?

Thanks man!

Roscius

Reaction score

Guys took me a while to try all the stuff.

Let me say, the photos may have looked bad, but most of the stuff looks very nice in person im happy to say.

Pants fit slimmer irl but its a pretty straight fit and it looked awkward on me so i didnt buy it. Really comfy though.

The fabrics for the sweats are really good, the shirts good, the collarless looks very good in person.

There was a line of around 10 ppl and by the time i came out aftrr changing sizes xs to m were gone for the good stuff, wanted to try tge other trouser to see how it is but couldn't, had to be quick, overall happy with everything i got wanted.

Some stuff available online wasnt actually there, sometimes colour variant or just the whole style. Some of the stuff fits pretty loose as this is lemaires signature tailoring.

I bought the knitted cardigan, shawl neck knit, 3b cashmere blazer and collarless shirt.

Womens stock was pretty poor, not really anything nice. Will up pics soon.

Which store did you go to? Melbourne?

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How did the shawl collar cashmere coat fit? I know for certain I want the convertible shirt and ~2 collarless shirts, but that shawl coat looks like it could rock if it fits. Also, how was the green compared to the black? Which trouser did you happen to try?

Thanks man!

i went to Sydney.

i did not try the coat, but i sized down for everything, the knits are kinda oversized.the green was kinda dark but not that dark, the pics make it look nicer tbh if i remember correctly, i was just in a mad rush to get what i needed.

i tried on the cashmere flat front trousers. that womens knit is gonna look really nice guys i wish it was here in australia.

also it was hot as hell in sydney right now we approaching summer today was hunid by the time i came out i was already sweating and i wore a silk tee only. wont be wearing this stuff till next season for me lol

the knits are def nice, that shirt with pockets and button fits boxy i would have got it if it was slim but the fabric is good.

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just came back from the preveiw event at the soho flagship store. Everything was pretty nice IRL but I went true to size in everything i tried on. I found that most items sized similarly to the lemaire mainline pieces (intended to be loose/ slightly oversized) but i guess you could size down if you want to go slimer than the lookbook or have a thin build.

The winners for me were the soft touch shirt and pleated pants. The pleated pants fit similar to elasticated pants and not as loose as the mainline pleated pants. The felted wool is really nice for the price though. The soft touch shirt is a blocky type cut made from a soft thin almost terry knit sweatshirt material.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads