• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Tristian the straight coat is my favourite coat this season but it hasn’t shown up yet.
There’s this Grey-green Harris tweed version below.

7F4E8743-559E-4DD3-B45F-1772E187EE10.jpeg

And there’s also a black version but I don’t know if the black is also Harris tweed or if it’s a wool/poly

Tristian

Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum yeah this in the harris is great, but I've yet to see it anywhere, either. I'm worried it'll be too long for me, though; is that its official name? The straight coat? Do you know what it'll be retailing for by chance? I'll keep my eyes peeled.

superpotato

Reaction score
i believe matchesfashion has the black version but it's not available to purchase yet

Tristian

Reaction score
A few new things uploaded to the Lemaire site, including the straight coat. I didn't expect it to have a storm flap (?) from the pictures I've seen of it, but I like it. I'm just going to weep over its cost in CAD for a while. Also happy to see the poly-wool straight pants for sale.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the coats this season? Are they still enormous (size down 2)?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Photo dump of the last half of my pre order.
Reporter vest, XL
I got an XL so I could layer it over outerwear but it still kind of works with just a shirt. I might actually wear it with some of the flap pocket and military shirts but not a straight collar like this.
Really happy with this, I’ve wanted one for a while and feel like this is the best (mens) version. All the snaps and zips and 3D pockets etc are very satisfying
2DB48880-ECF8-4D62-B2F9-A4AC5986708A.jpeg

Wadded overshirt in almond milk, 50
I probably could have done an XL in this, the wadding makes it feel slimmer than it looks. But overall I think this is the right size since I’m not planning on layering under it.
It feels like a cloud, lightweight and soft fabric but the wadding is very comforting and adds density. Even the collar is wadded.

E2A23113-33F7-4478-A7B0-60CF4A3ECFD9.jpeg

vest over overshirt because I’m here.
30A662A8-CE63-47C6-ABFD-97569CDE51AA.jpeg

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Photo dump of the last half of my pre order.
Reporter vest, XL
I got an XL so I could layer it over outerwear but it still kind of works with just a shirt. I might actually wear it with some of the flap pocket and military shirts but not a straight collar like this.
Really happy with this, I’ve wanted one for a while and feel like this is the best (mens) version. All the snaps and zips and 3D pockets etc are very satisfying
View attachment 1684368

Wadded overshirt in almond milk, 50
I probably could have done an XL in this, the wadding makes it feel slimmer than it looks. But overall I think this is the right size since I’m not planning on layering under it.
It feels like a cloud, lightweight and soft fabric but the wadding is very comforting and adds density. Even the collar is wadded.

View attachment 1684370

vest over overshirt because I’m here.
View attachment 1684369
Love that overshirt

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really tempted by the soft coat, but it looks kinda thin and flimsy...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads