• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VinceCompost

Reaction score
I agree with you about the tones, there's something so vibrant and breathable about the colors and the way they styled them.

The smock top is honestly sick but I don't know if I'd be able to get away with it irl. Also, obviously, the white slippers are immaculate.

Patiently waiting for the jumpsuit...

Yep, the colors were the first thing to hit me. Really fresh looking.

EDIT: Best collection I've seen in a while. Really enjoyable.

Last edited:

cafedandy

Reaction score
How is the sizing for the FW Belted Double Breasted Jacket? Is it safe to size down or just go TTS?
FEC6BD33-B07F-451C-B621-6D162654B1FF.jpeg

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those yellow-ish belted silk pants are gorgeous.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How is the sizing for the FW Belted Double Breasted Jacket? Is it safe to size down or just go TTS?
View attachment 1530665

size down. If you have very wide shoulders you can go tts but imo size down one for most people. If you’ve tried any of the shawl db blazers from the last several seasons it’s exactly the same, it just comes with some extra fabric to use as a belt.

cafedandy

Reaction score
size down. If you have very wide shoulders you can go tts but imo size down one for most people. If you’ve tried any of the shawl db blazers from the last several seasons it’s exactly the same, it just comes with some extra fabric to use as a belt.
Thank you! ? I was able to try the FW18 version before and it was a bit loose even with a thick knit inside.

dfuzz

Reaction score
The new collection is amazing!

Shirt Sizing Question -- Ssense has 50's listed as medium and 52's as larges.

Most of the Lemaire shirts I have are 50's but were listed as large. Of course, the fit varies wildly. Some larges are slightly baggy (crepe t-shirt) and others are HUGE. (tencel t-shirt)

Any idea why? Or how to make sense (ssense?) of this?

Also -- I copped the Indigo Twisted Jeans. Amazing. I feel like either an early 90s rapper in them, or a 2000's Parisian thug. Or both. In a good way. I'm going to try to wear them as long as possible without washing to get some proper fades.

RGJ

Reaction score
I'd go by the numerical Lemaire sizes (44/XS, 46/S, 48/M, etc). I buy from SSENSE regularly and their characterization of the sizes is inconsistent. Sometimes they follow Lemaire, sometimes they seem to "size up" for some reason. But it doesn't correspond to fit, as far as I can tell. I just got the black denim shirt from them. On the website, they tagged the 48 as "small." But I usually wear (and bought this time) 46/S and the shirt was TTS.

dfuzz

Reaction score
great intel, thank you.

I'd go by the numerical Lemaire sizes (44/XS, 46/S, 48/M, etc). I buy from SSENSE regularly and their characterization of the sizes is inconsistent. Sometimes they follow Lemaire, sometimes they seem to "size up" for some reason. But it doesn't correspond to fit, as far as I can tell. I just got the black denim shirt from them. On the website, they tagged the 48 as "small." But I usually wear (and bought this time) 46/S and the shirt was TTS.

Reactions: RGJ

Pastamancer

Reaction score
lemaire 2.jpg

Anyone know what blazer he's wearing here? Is it just the black wool one from the f/w 2019 collection? Kind of hankering for a boxy but loose/unstructured casual blazer and happy to hear ideas for alternatives as well

dfuzz

Reaction score
Relationship goals.

Do we need a Sarah-Linh appreciation thread? Or is that off-topic?

(asking for a friend)

View attachment 1536265
Anyone know what blazer he's wearing here? Is it just the black wool one from the f/w 2019 collection? Kind of hankering for a boxy but loose/unstructured casual blazer and happy to hear ideas for alternatives as well

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1536265

ive been wondering this myself, same for the trousers and boots.
I want the soft jacket to come back. All the 3-button jackets just look off to me.

Pastamancer

Reaction score
ive been wondering this myself, same for the trousers and boots.
I want the soft jacket to come back. All the 3-button jackets just look off to me.
Is it possible the boots are pre-rebrand? They look vaguely like some of the riding boots/chelseas he made back in the day but idk. Stuff ofc might not be Lemaire at all or something custom

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah it could definitely be non-Lemaire but he does have a penchant for wearing his own designs.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Finally got the Double Double Breasted Jacket! Thanks Occulta for the sizing tip, although since I realized I have a bit of a wider body now, I got TTS (M) and so far the looseness is just alright (but the sleeves are long, so I had to fold it inward). I like how airy this tropical poly-wool is, since I currently live in the heat of Saigon. And the packaging when you order direct from the Lemaire shop is something I really love about.

IMG_0882.jpg IMG_0907.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads