• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I returned the polo....
I'll get it if it makes it to heavy sale, but there's other things i can use that money for now.

On another note, I really like how the military pants look here:

mcfly26

Reaction score
does anyone know where can i still find the western belt available online?

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neighbour still have a 95cm (~34" waist) and 80cm

mcfly26

Reaction score
Neighbour still have a 95cm (~34" waist) and 80cm
thank you, however im a 30” waist so I doubt a 80cm works

Bottari

Reaction score
Guys, what's your experience with the Silk Military Shirt?

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. It seems like the silk stuff turns people off since it's a bit more involved to care for. I own like 9 or 10 silk pieces though and all I do is put them in a sink with cold water and some rinseless detergent, leave it for 10-15 mins, then lay it on a towel to dry.
To me it's not much effort since it's like a once every 1-2 months kind of thing.

Bottari

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback OV :)

I really like the look and actually taking care of it wouldn't bother me much, just wandering about the thickness of the fabric as I'm after a piece to carry throughout the whole year and different weather

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, in that case it’s probably not the best fabric.
It’s definitely light weight and better suited for warmer weather. But silk doesn’t generally have great breathability either so it can work as a layer in colder weather.
I wear most of mine all year but obviously I layer a thermal or turtleneck tee under it, plus a coat/jacket on top, but I wear them most frequently in spring and fall when it’s not yet freezing but not so hot that I’m sweating.

happyriverz

Reaction score
Does anyone have this season's Uniqlo U suit in size S (not the linen-cotton fabric, but the polyester one). I bought one in Navy and really like it, but every other color is sold out.

Bottari

Reaction score
does anyone know where can i still find the western belt available online?

Just appeared on Lemaire's webstore

Bottari

Reaction score
Oh ok, in that case it’s probably not the best fabric.
It’s definitely light weight and better suited for warmer weather. But silk doesn’t generally have great breathability either so it can work as a layer in colder weather.
I wear most of mine all year but obviously I layer a thermal or turtleneck tee under it, plus a coat/jacket on top, but I wear them most frequently in spring and fall when it’s not yet freezing but not so hot that I’m sweating.
Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. You are my hero :D

happyriverz

Reaction score
shape is nice (much nicer than Uniqlo's own suits, which all have the excessive "slim fit" shape of the early 2000s), and works easily as an office outfit -- price can't be beat.
managed to cop the size S in black that was restocked.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.