• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bottari

Reaction score
It’s a good one indeed, I think I’ve seen one on grailed a while ago, maybe have a look.

It’s the one from last season and the fabric is a really thin and soft denim, due to the washing and indigo coloring process it has a “ oily “ texture. I’m really in love with it

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah there is/was a Large on grailed. The only place i saw an XL was Ssense.
I have the burgundy silk one in XL and like the way it fits so I don't want to size down.

Bottari

Reaction score
I see what you mean. I’m usually a medium and honestly I could have gone for a large as well

JackoDo

Reaction score
are we still into kaftans? how do we all feel about the kaftan?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Waiting for a rainy day kind of Kaftan, then, I think my outerwear would be complete.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for a rainy day kind of Kaftan, then, I think my outerwear would be complete.
Eye what’s ur outerwear collection looking like these days? I think u and I are somewhat like minded in terms of getting use out of our stuff / signature look etc etc.

Oh and Kaftans fuck.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@mmmargeologist

Lambswool grey Kaftan
Owl coat
Brown Great Raincoat
Christophe Lemaire leather in dark brown
Christophe Lemaire green flight jacket
Three UU jackets

Non-Lemaire stuff:
KK Attachment leather
Eidos jacket/cardigan
18 East vest

I honestly wear the UU jackets more lately, flight jacket, and the CL leather. I find the Great Raincoat, Kaftan, and Owl coat too delicate lol. Wore those more when going to the office. Looking for a black and/or navy jacket now but want it to be more robust fabric, weather proof type.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Funny you say that, my Lemaire obsession (85% of my wardrobe is Lemaire at this point) has pivoted from the more elegant, delicate stuff in the early days (shawl collars, thin fabrics, etc.) to more workwear/military details recently. Stuff that will look good even if I give it a beating. So I've traded silks for twill, alpaca for duffle wool. Trying to be more utilitarian about what I wear - and what's great about Lemaire is they offer both sides. I've even sold off a lot of Lemaire that I own just to buy a few key pieces, but I feel like this is all part of the Lemaire ethos. Constantly refining and finding what I'll get the most use out of.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm totally on board with that @hayaoyamaneko

More utilitarian ware just fits my overall lifestyle better it seems.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im surprised you find something like the owl delicate. i tried it and passed because it seemed too heavyweight for london winter. same with the duffel last season.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMO anything that is not meant for the outdoors or not gym clothes is delicate lol

Yes the Owl coat is pretty heavy. I think another part of it is I drive, so, long coats are sort of inconvenient I guess. I had the seams rip on my Kaftan because I sit on it during my commute. Now I layer some more and take off the coat before getting and turn on the heater as needed. The Owl coat and Kaftans are definitely cozy, which I dig immensely.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.