• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Anybody recognize this shirt/know what season it's from?

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 1.29.12 PM.png

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody tried this seasons pleated drawstring trousers?
I'm guessing they'd be the same as the recent string trousers (ie/ huge) but if anybody has tried them on i'd love to hear how the fit.
I picked up the white slubbed western shirt and the paper crease convertible collar shirt.
The Western fits a bit slim, i sized up to a 54 but the 52 is pretty true, just slimmer than I like.
The convertible collar fits the same as the last several seasons, i actually sized down to a 50 in this season just to get a more standard fit since I already have so many in my regular 52.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who even stocks Lemaire in NYC?
Doesn't Totokaelo only have Lemaire in their Seattle shop?
Nordstrom used to, but I don't think they do in NY anymore.

Interesting they say that N America accounts for 33% of sales but opening retail here isn't a priority yet.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Toto NYC typically has a few pieces on the rack, but most of the stuff is either on-line or in Seattle. OC has a small selection in store, but they will be done after the SS20 season. DSM NY carries a selection from the women's line only.

The brand is still kind of niche. I don't see Saks or BG picking it up. DSM would make sense. Maybe even If. Independent multi-brand retailers are still dropping like flies so I am not that optimistic.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
A Lemaire webstore that automatically deducts VAT for international orders would be a good start

armellod.e

Reaction score
While I don't think it does the label justice to put it neatly into either "80s" or "minimal" categories, it's true that individual items match those words, and those aesthetics are becoming a part of the fashionable branding for stores like Bergdorf Goodman? And with Mr. P taking another chance with Lemaire, I wouldn't be surprised if they get picked up by another major retailer stateside. But maybe not. The new seasons at least push the comfort zone of the mens' side of the current retailers, I'd think.

Also, AW20 runway can be seen on IGTV. Looks like there really is a full leather set. Wild. High hopes for the boot game this time around.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the matching leather is kind of nuts.

It's called the Large Collar Leather blouson, the matching pants are called Military Leather pants but i'm not sure if it's the same cut/style as the current season military pants, at a minimum the belt on the leather pair looks wider.
There's a dark brown version of both too that hasn't been shown AFAIK.
FYI - They're expensive.

fw20 leaher set.jpg

54561CE8-DED2-45A8-982B-66070CFB5166.jpeg

33BC0E5E-2CA0-490B-90DF-A409B101991E.jpeg

Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What stores are taking preorders nowadays?

Yeah the matching leather is kind of nuts.

It's called the Large Collar Leather blouson, the matching pants are called Military Leather pants but i'm not sure if it's the same cut/style as the current season military pants, at a minimum the belt on the leather pair looks wider.
There's a dark brown version of both too that hasn't been shown AFAIK.
FYI - They're expensive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads