• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the indigo denim overshirt in a 52.
I think this size “looks” right but it is kind of restrictive across the back and shoulders when it’s buttoned, which has me a bit nervous about shrinkage. I was planning on just wearing it as first layer.
It’s very soft and comfortable though m.
cool details like an extended tab two button cuff.
It seems like the washed olive one is more popular but I’ve wanted a lemaire denim shirt forever. I was never able to get my hands on the straight collar denim shirt.

I like that a lot. How heavy is the denim?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not that heavy, if I had to guess I'd say 11oz but I'm definitely not a denim expert.
It's 40% linen too so it has a nice soft hand straight away, not very rigid or stiff.

too bad the rise on the pleated cords is uncomfortable though

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Looks good. But it also seems like this season might not follow the usual rules of "sizing up never being a bad move" given how structured some of the cuts are.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you order a size up to try as well?

Looks to be a nice denim jacket, perfect for Canadian tuxedo. After you pick up the black side zips too. ?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's the studded belt and the minimal western belt this season.
I want one but can't make a decision.
Neighbour has the western, Lemaire webshop has the black studded belt.
La Garconne has both black and brown studded belts too.
They seem to be more available at womens stores than mens.
Would pickup western belt if it came in brown

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright dam if the regulars all pick a charity and donate $25 then I’ll be the guinea pig for the side zips.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FWIW I do not like the side zips given the heel height. It is nice that the shoes are indeed cordovan. I am guessing it would age well with nice rolls across the vamp.?‍♂️

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Alright dam if the regulars all pick a charity and donate $25 then I’ll be the guinea pig for the side zips.

Do you have the FW13 boots? (I think they might’ve been made in the adjacent seasons as well). I feel like those would fit your style perfectly without being too costumey.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Mojo1990 nope. I’ve owned 3 versions of Lemaire boots and they would have all been perfect except I got the wrong size each time.
This is my least favorite boot he’s done because of the heel, but I still like them, and it’s also the first one that’s been available to buy in 4 or 5 years.
At the same time I’d rather put that $800 towards one of the blousons or the v neck knit or see if the leather shirt jackets come out.

MeatFish

Reaction score
FWIW I do not like the side zips given the heel height. It is nice that the shoes are indeed cordovan. I am guessing it would age well with nice rolls across the vamp.?‍♂️
The “cordovan” thing is what really interested me. It doesn’t say shell cordovan so I’m assuming they’re just horse butt so theyll likely still crease/not roll, but if I’m wrong that would be sick.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, lately I’ve taken my Lemaire obsession in a more workwear/military/practical direction - so everything I can’t afford (including new season stuff) I forego, and I’ve been trying to cobble together looks from old season stuff that I find secondhand + basics. To date it’s been pretty rewarding, and I don’t worry so much anymore about clashing aesthetics or the latest piece. One of the great things about Lemaire is that there’s synergy to be found between the different seasons, even if it’s not always obvious.

Don’t forget, it’s not just clothes, Christophe is - all things accounted for - a thinker and someone whose philosophy I try to take to heart, and sometimes that means not buying everything he sells.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@hayaoyamaneko i agree. And I really like the older seasons, I have a few older things (some elasticated pants, convertible collar shirts, yak sweaters, suit pants) and I really love them. And the pants especially fit me so much better around 2013-2015.
The second hand market has always seemed pretty scarce to me for older seasons though, where do you find most of it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads