Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

LEMAIRE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Naka, Jan 29, 2015.

1. javy

javy Senior member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Thanks! I like those, how to get a pair to the US? And how do they fit?

3. ThaiToast

ThaiToast Well-Known Member

I got mine from reggieshop on Rakuten. I've heard you can contact MOTO directly and they'll ship to the US, but I haven't looked into it. I went with a size 3, and tend to wear size 11D US, and they fit very snug without socks. Would not recommend this sizing on their boots, from previous experience.

You'll find more info in the MOTO thread.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/299228/...-aoyama-tokyo-japan-appreciation-thread/0_100

4. Andys89

Andys89 Active Member

When you say you sized down and altered waist, did you have them let out? How are the one pleat trousers sized in the waist?

Basically, I have found a sale pair but are a size down or a second hand pair that are a little cheaper but the size up. I can't seem to find a 46 in a decent price anywhere. Just trying to work out what would be better, size up or size down. Does anybody have a pair of one pleat trousers and can comment on fit?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015

5. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

IMO buying the one pleat pant TTS will give you a look similar to that of the look book pics (loose top block). When you size down the top block is going to be slightly less loose.

To answer you question, it all depends on your body type and how you want them to fit. I personally wouldn't size up as TTS is already plenty loose. Also the material will make a slight difference to as it can effect the drape too.

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

@Andys89 If you take a look at ThaiToast's post, he is wearing one pleat trouser I believe and a size 44. Perhaps it will give you more of a reference point in terms of fit and whether sizing down for you is a good idea.

I would stay TTS and if you cannot find a pair in 46, try a 48 and have the waist taken in. I looked at my pants and the waist only has about 1.5" at most for letting out (maybe even less because you want to leave extra material for the seam to fold inward, strengthening the back i.e. reinforce the seam). I have asked stores too and been told there's not much material to let out the waist. Typically for pleated pants I would wear TTS but given the limited options for you, size up 1. I size up 1 for Lemaire's straight or suit pants since I need a little more room in the seat/thigh.

FWIW I have thought about sizing down before (for the pleated or elastic waist pants), maybe you'll discover that the waist will fit just right and confirm my suspicion.

You just need to make sure the waist and seat area will fit you comfortably. Also, consider how much taper you like in your leg opening. I prefer at the very least 18cm, preferably 19cm. A size 44 will be more tapered in the leg than 46 whereas size 48 you can always have it altered.

If you're still not sure just review the stores return/exchange policies.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Anyone wear Lemaire suits to work? Any good starting points for a good single-breasted setup? Looking to spend under $1500 all-in.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Not yet but maybe this fall.. Got a gray/green and brown tweed.

9. jerigo

jerigo Well-Known Member

10. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Those two women's sweaters look great. I can't be the only one who hopes the wrap cardi also fits dudes

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015

11. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Senior member

Looks very promising! Thanks for posting.
    Focus on knits could be a good thing. Not only is my wardrobe lacking in that department, I think it's also likely to turn out better than jackets or outerwear, which is hard to pull off without a lot of designing and nice fabrics. The black pleated pants in the picture, if they are going to be available, are a sure buy. Also like the women's black cardigan.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015

12. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Early October is the date!

13. JackoDo

JackoDo Senior member

Early to the punch (for next year), but does anyone know when to expect the sample sales from Lemaire, post his SS and FW showings? Planning a romp across Europe and I want to make sure I don't miss the opportunity to cop some new stock.

14. syed

syed Well-Known Member

(From the press kit)

Q&A FOR LEMAIRE

1. WHAT IS UNIQLO TO YOU?

Uniqlo is defined by its LifeWear tag line-it is Made For All, in the most literal sense. Uniqlo is daily, democratic and contemporary. The product is the heart of the brand. Uniqlo is inspired by life, not fashion.

2. YOU HAVE CONFIDED THAT YOU DREAMED OF WORKING WITH UNIQLO. WHY?

Our philosophy is close to Uniqlo’s. Uniqlo designs quality garments for everyday life. Uniqlo is not trend-driven. Everything is about the product and technological innovations. Their philosophy is strong and modern.

3. HOW LEMAIRE’S COLLECTION IS KEEPING WITH UNIQLO’S LIFEWEAR CONCEPT AND NOVEL APPROACH TO APPAREL, OFFERING HIGH QUALITY, COMFORTABLE CLOTHING THAT TRANSCENDS AGE AND STYLE, WHICH ANYONE IN THE WORLD CAN WEAR, AT A REASONABLE PRICE?

We believe that Lemaire’s journey beyond the frontlines of fashion to focus on the wearer is completely in keeping with the LifeWear concept’s commitment to comfort, quality and style aimed at making life better. Every item combines elegance with moderate relaxation and comfort, for modern, advanced wardrobe mainstays.

4. HOW / WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THE NAME ‘UNIQLO AND LEMAIRE’ FOR THE COLLABORATION?

The simplicity of the collaboration name UNIQLO AND LEMAIRE reflects Uniqlo and Lemaire’s genuine partnership and common philosophy. The word ‘and’ expresses mutual trust. We really work hand in hand, this is as simple as that.

5. WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY BEHIND UNIQLO AND LEMAIRE?

The collaboration showcases Uniqlo’s high quality materials and uncompromising focus on quality at the perfect price. The collection balances strength, tranquility and softness to underscore wearer personalities, The volumes and silhouettes offered are intended to be desirable and inspiring.

6. HAVE YOU BEEN INSPIRED BY UNIQLO?

Yes. Uniqlo’s teams and manufacturing are very reactive and modern. It was very interesting to design the collection starting from what Uniqlo does very well: the cashmere, and the merino, which is quality and beautiful, their expertise in knitwear, and the outerwear, which combines lightness and solidity.

7.DO YOU HAVE ANY FAVORITE UNIQLO PRODUCTS?

We do not know anyone close to us who does not have a Uniqlo item in its wardrobe ! Sarah-Linh: The ultra light down jacket of course, the supima cotton tee-shirts are very qualitative. Christophe: Underwear and socks !

8. WHAT HAS IT BEEN LIKE WORKING WITH THE UNIQLO TEAM SO FAR?

It was very easy to work with the Uniqlo team because we felt there was mutual respect and trust. This is the most important.

9. YOU HAVE YOUR OWN ‘LEMAIRE’ BRAND, AND NOW YOU HAVE ‘UNIQLO AND LEMAIRE’. HOW ARE THEY DIFFERENT? IS IT HARD WORKING ON BOTH?

We have to be very organized, and focus. It is quite enriching and constructive.

10. YOU’VE FOCUSED ON LUXURY. IS IT A CHALLENGE WORKING WITH UNIQLO? WHAT IS DIFFERENT FROM WORKING WITH LUXURY? WHAT IS THE GREATEST CHALLENGE IN WORKING WITH UNIQLO?

Lemaire is not a luxury brand. We try to do qualitative garments that will last. In this sense, that is also what Uniqlo is doing. Uniqlo challenges our conscientiousness as designers because we know we will dress many different people across the world. Therefore we have to be very attentive to proportions and style. It has to fit everybody’s lifestyle and morphology without compromising the style. This is a very interesting exercise.

11. WHAT SORT OF CUSTOMER IS THIS COLLECTION GEARED TOWARDS? WHAT MAKES IT APPEALING TO THEM?

This collection is made for everybody. We think it is accessible and comprehensive. The materials are soft and appealing. The collection focuses on the wearer, making it easy, we hope, for anyone to coordinate items simply and fashionably.

12. THIS COLLABORATION WILL BRING YOUR CLOTHES TO A WIDER GROUP OF CUSTOMERS THAN ANY BEFORE. HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL?

We very much like the idea. Many people cannot afford Lemaire. It is a great opportunity for us to reach a much broader customer base.

13.DESCRIBE THE COLLECTION WITH 3 WORDS.

Simple, chic and daily.

14. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIECE FROM THE UNIQLO AND LEMAIRE 15F/W COLLECTION AND WHY?

Every garments have been made with love !

15. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Price list for the coming Uniqlo x Lemaire collab.

• Shirts: $39.90- $49.90
    • Knits: $49.90- $159.90
    • Outer: $129.90- $199.90
    • Pants: $59.90- $89.90
    • Skirts: $59.90
    • Dress: $49.90- $129.90
    • Jackets: $69.90- $169.90
    • Cut & Sewn: $24.90- $39.90

Women's will have 30 pieces. Men's will have 25.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015