1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

LEMAIRE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Naka, Jan 29, 2015.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Going to be honest and say, after skimming through the selection on Matches, that I am struggling to understand the point of Sunspel full stop.

Lemaire makes so much more sense to me, even if I'm just enjoying it vicariously.

2. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior Member

Sunspel makes the best cotton tee bar none. I went through a tee phase and have a cotton tee from basically any designer brand you can think of (Lemaire, Jil, MMM, DH, Lanvin, MH (made my Sunspel)...). Sunspel tees are incredibly light weight without being sheer, quick to dry and durable

3. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior Member

Have you tried any John smedley sea island cotton ones? Currently beating any Sunspel I’ve tried, though tbf they do tend to be a slightly different style.

If anyone is in London btw this weekend, Sunspel have a sample sale Fri-Sun at The Box

4. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior Member

I haven't, sea island is too expensive for a full wardrobe rotation. I struggle to justify cotton tees over $100; though I'm sure they're much better.

I should specify, this is the tee I'm referring to. I've had other Sunspel tees, even the Riviera, that has disappointed me.

If any is going to the sample sale, wouldnt mind a proxy

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Sunspel seems like a weird thing to not understand. It’s just a company that makes basics and has been around for a long time. They also make the basics for a fair amount of designers (as in, it’s just Sunspel with a designer tag put in place).

Also, this pyjama set is Sunspel so.....
    3498723F-7CCB-450B-8031-6EA508C4E0AD.jpeg

6. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

I have been very happy with everything I have from Sunspel, including Tees, polos, knits, and boxers. Top notch stuff which lasts.

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

OK. So it's one of those things you need to actually handle. Just didn't look that inspiring for the price on Matches. I can freely admit that if NMWA started carrying it, I'd probably decide it's very nice. And I suppose I have enough regard for Lemaire to figure that the collaboration means something positive.

So, carry on Sunspel.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

i used to wear sunspel boxer briefs a long time ago and they felt so good until they went and changed the waistband on them

i emailed them said why the fuck would you do that and they said they hadn't changed anything, i was like bro i have a new old one in a box still and new ones are trash

i do have the tees and like jg said they are great but i only wear white, gray and black tees

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

You do know they do not own factory (I'm assuming as no one does)? The 1-3 factories they're producing boxers at probably changed their orders/providers...

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

i'm sure the low level employee answering emails knew all about supply chain changes, etc

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I just mean this happens to me all the time, shit I liked becomes well, shit.

12. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Senior Member

Same.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

i know bro tell me about it

14. nighttimm

nighttimm Member

In case anyone's interested in the large leather bum bag...

eBay
    Grailed

Amazing bag, but I'm after the smaller version (so I'm also open to trades if anyone has the small croissant in black or brown leather and wants something roomier).

tyfyt

15. Ciaostyle

Ciaostyle Member

I have the grey in small. I would have been down to trade earlier but i just bought the large in white. Sorry :p