• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@LA Guy is there a way to get the first post in this thread unlocked or edited so we can add the updated list of stockists there? It would just save people from hunting for the list.

I guess we could start a new thread

jnkofficial

Reaction score
lemaire-men-ah1718_05.jpg

Looking for boots similar to Lemaire one.
Could you guys recommend?

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lemaire-men-ah1718_05.jpg

Looking for boots similar to Lemaire one.
Could you guys recommend?
Probably easiest to just start a new thread. Makes searching and catching up easier as well. Ideally, it would be best if we started new threads yearly.

Cheers,

Fok.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright so did anybody pick up the Trench pants yet?

After trying the soft pants and curved leg denim I'm pretty gun shy with sizing this season. Tops all seem fine but pants have been coming up small.
Ssense measurements seem true to size though so I'd love to hear if somebody got a pair.
I've been trying to find some more styling pics with them and found them used in the styling of this Jacket on Ssense.

172897M192003_4.jpg

I've actually liked how Ssense has styled them in the main product page too.
172646M191003_4.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too big or just right?

040FF0BA-072A-4B0C-A34F-65F143809A8F.jpeg
3D5E3712-6DFA-4CE5-8079-536E0D096B61.jpeg

It’s cut really big, and I just have a tee under it, which I would rarely do irl (its 22f right now and winter only just started, the next 3-4 months will be anywhere from -10f to 35f). But at the same time I could size down and not really lose much with the fit.
I’d mostly wear it with the thick knits underneath.
Another consideraion is that If I sized down it would open the possibility of getting the rust colour, but I definitely love the grey so it’s not a big consideration.

Fit decisions aside it’s a really dope piece.
Heavy, thick twill with a soft wool lining in the chest and cotton lining from the waist down. Inner cinch tabs with a leather adjuster. The cuffs have a self-fabric closure that is anchored with elastic so you can adjust the wrist width. Button tabs on the hood if you don’t want it to cover your entire face. Buttons everywhere.
Buttons. Every. Where.
Double placket with double button closure, not that wind would get through anyway with how thick and heavy it is.
Buttons. Every. Where.
Did I mention it’s built like a tank?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too big or just right?

It’s cut really big, and I just have a tee under it, which I would rarely do irl (its 22f right now and winter only just started, the next 3-4 months will be anywhere from -10f to 35f). But at the same time I could size down and not really lose much with the fit.
I’d mostly wear it with the thick knits underneath.
Another consideraion is that If I sized down it would open the possibility of getting the rust colour, but I definitely love the grey so it’s not a big consideration.

Fit decisions aside it’s a really dope piece.
Heavy, thick twill with a soft wool lining in the chest and cotton lining from the waist down. Inner cinch tabs with a leather adjuster. The cuffs have a self-fabric closure that is anchored with elastic so you can adjust the wrist width. Button tabs on the hood if you don’t want it to cover your entire face. Buttons everywhere.
Buttons. Every. Where.
Double placket with double button closure, not that wind would get through anyway with how thick and heavy it is.
Buttons. Every. Where.
Did I mention it’s built like a tank?
I say it's borderline too big, but it's hard to say 100% without seeing it with something thicker underneath (and maybe without the hood up, haha). From the side view it looks good but slightly sack-like from front on in those pics. I'd love to see some detail shots!

TintoTerra

Reaction score
I think it looks good. When I first got mine I thought I should have sized down, but I’m glad I didn’t. It’s become one of my favorite buys of this season for sure.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ll get some detail shots for sure once I figure out if I’m keeping it or exchanging it.
Having it in hand though I am 100% positive I will be owning one. I’m just not sure if it will be this or the size down. I feel like it’s borderline too big too which is why I posted.
Like I said; I could size down and probably still have plenty of room.
My favorite runway look had it layered over the top of the log teddy bomber which is pretty thick in its own right.

I have a hard time getting myself to size down in things for some reason lol
FWIW, here is one with the Hood down:

CCE1A668-75BB-4C57-B710-12AD15E89BD3.jpeg

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Still think it looks rad, but I doubt it would hurt to size down if you don’t mind the hassle of returning it.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does it have storm cuffs? If I had more use for outerwear I would have kept mine. Definitely a great design in general. I wore mine one size down and still felt it was large. It is like a tank. You ever seen the movie The Hurt Locker?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads