• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legit or full of it?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought the Fedora Lounge was mostly for costume enthusiasts. If this fellow wants to dress like an English country gentleman from days of yore while he rides the sylvan trails beside the beautiful, sparkling Los Angeles River--well, it's a free country.

I actually used to live a brisk walk's distance from the L.A. Equestrian Center. I enjoyed that area.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Well, I thought the Fedora Lounge was mostly for costume enthusiasts. If this fellow wants to dress like an English country gentleman from days of yore while he rides the sylvan trails beside the beautiful, sparkling Los Angeles River--well, it's a free country.

I actually used to live a brisk walk's distance from the L.A. Equestrian Center. I enjoyed that area.

My thoughts exactly. Do we really need a thread here talking about what someone posted about what they're wearing on another forum?
eh.gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by TheWraith
My thoughts exactly. Do we really need a thread here talking about what someone posted about what they're wearing on another forum?
eh.gif

Good points. FL gets way too much hate on here. They are doing a different thing than SF. If you want to learn about hats, it is the go-to site. Those guys taught me a lot.
worship.gif

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I don't object - if that makes there day then awesome. I just don't really get it.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
eh.gif

We absolutely do, if they are more interesting than the fit of some slob's new black suit.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weirdos. Fun to gawk at and then forget.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
This is an amusing thread for the one or two of you here who can spare a few minutes:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=40822

But is he legit, or full of it?

Perhaps I am a consistency freak, but what most impresses me about Evan
is that his avatar photo shows him as the third "Blues Brother" while the
rest in the blog picture him as a member of the Neo Edwardian Horsey Set.
Maybe that's just LA.

bigchris1313

Reaction score
Well, I thought the Fedora Lounge was mostly for costume enthusiasts. If this fellow wants to dress like an English country gentleman from days of yore while he rides the sylvan trails beside the beautiful, sparkling Los Angeles River...

Beautiful? Sparkling? River?

The LA River I know and love is a concrete monstrosity.

pitboss12

Reaction score
That's just crazy... I actually live near the LA equestrian center and love seeing the milfs in riding pants at the Pavillions up the street. I don't think the guy is an actual horse owner. He probably had to choose between the cowboy or englishman costume for his 1/2 hour guided ride. You can't wear the cowboy costume for two consecutive rides. Just like shoes, you need to give them a rest between wearings.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pitboss12
That's just crazy... I actually live near the LA equestrian center and love seeing the milfs in riding pants at the Pavillions up the street. I don't think the guy is an actual horse owner. He probably had to choose between the cowboy or englishman costume for his 1/2 hour guided ride. You can't wear the cowboy costume for two consecutive rides. Just like shoes, you need to give them a rest between wearings.

That is unless you are a real Cowboy in which case you might go for days/weeks, or in the
old days, months, before "resting" your outfit.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by bigchris1313
Beautiful? Sparkling? River?

The LA River I know and love is a concrete monstrosity.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics