Legit Massage in Manhattan?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MetroStyles, May 8, 2006.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I am looking to relax this week and would love to get a nice body massage somewhere in Manhattan. I do not want to spend over $100 (excluding tip) however, as I understand there are high-end places charging more than $300 for a type of massage. The other stipulation is that I am not really interested in a happy ending, just the massage. Beautiful masseuse is a plus.

Any recommendations? I'm sure you guys pamper yourselves every once in a while! [​IMG]

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

There's a nice spa connected to the Meridien. An hour will cost you more than 100 though.

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Spa prices can be pretty steep in Manhattan. The Chinese massages will be cheapest. There is an excellent one in Flushing that use bone-crushing pressure. Probably not what you're looking for.

Eden Spa in Tribeca is generally under $100 for a shorter session, depending on which treatment you choose. Clean and serene environment and cute women.

4. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

If you don't want the happy ending, just use the towel or sheet (whichever is available) to cover that area. It shouldn't be an issue.

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

If you don't want the happy ending, just use the towel or sheet (whichever is available) to cover that area. It shouldn't be an issue.

Any tips on where some good places are? I just don't want to go to a whorehouse, that's all!

6. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I find this matter-of-factness, similar to how one might discuss a fine point of table manners, just a little disturbing.

I once wanted to give my father a gift certificate for a massage for father's day, so I asked a ladyfriend of mine, and stipulated that happy endings were out of the question. She said why not? (not realizing what I'd meant) I do think my jaw bounced twice before I caught it again.

Regards,
    Huntsman

7. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

I find this matter-of-factness, similar to how one might discuss a fine point of table manners, just a little disturbing.

Sorry - it wasn't meant to disturb. Merely to assure Metrostyles that he needn't worry about prompting an embarrasing incident if he doesn't wish to.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about massage in NYC, so I'd hope more of the local members in that area will step up and share their knowledge.

8. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Strike Vietnam from the list of potential holiday destinations [​IMG]

9. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

Try Bliss -- they have a couple of 30 min sessions for <100, and basic hour long sessions for 100-125.

Nothing naughty about Bliss at all.

There are locations at 49th & Lex, Soho and 57th b/t Madison and Fifth.

10. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

The other stipulation is that I am not really interested in a happy ending, just the massage. Beautiful masseuse is a plus.

I think you'll do better finding a legitimate establishment if you eschew the term "masseuse" for the now-more-acceptable "massage therapist."

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

What a great word! IMO not used nearly enough nowadays.

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

&quot;I think it moved.&quot;

13. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

&quot;thirteen pumps?&quot;

14. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

15. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Sorry - it wasn't meant to disturb. Merely to assure Metrostyles that he needn't worry about prompting an embarrasing incident if he doesn't wish to.

LOL, no apology necessary. Kind of a joke. Disturbing like the pinworm thread. 'Disturbing' in the sense that this supposedly illegal activity that is not the primary purpose of the experience (or maybe it is [​IMG] ) is so commonplace that there exists generalized etiquette. I didn't find one member's post about the in's-and-out's of sophisticated prostitution nearly as odd.

Anyway I'm glad to know!

Regards,
    Huntsman