• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legit Ebay sellers?

P3R3

Reaction score
I am looking to get a prada or gucci polo, and am a little leary about buying on ebay with all the fakes.

I found a seller named "Prada-M", who claims to be an auth dealer, and has awesome pictures of product. Is he really legit? Any legit dealers you know of?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by P3R3
I am looking to get a prada or gucci polo, and am a little leary about buying on ebay with all the fakes.

I found a seller named "Prada-M", who claims to be an auth dealer, and has awesome pictures of product. Is he really legit? Any legit dealers you know of?

Why do you want to get a polo from one of those makers? I ask because 99% of the basic Prada/Gucci t-shirts and polo shirts are fakes. Prada-M looks legit, though. I'd suggest looking at other makers because Prada is low quality for what you get and Gucci ends up being very overpriced because of the name. Just IMO though.

P3R3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Why do you want to get a polo from one of those makers? I ask because 99% of the basic Prada/Gucci t-shirts and polo shirts are fakes. Prada-M looks legit, though. I'd suggest looking at other makers because Prada is low quality for what you get and Gucci ends up being very overpriced because of the name. Just IMO though.
What do you suggest then? I am not a fasion guru, and want to look good for the ladies.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Polos:

RL Purple Label
Fred Perry
Penguin
Le Tigre
Lacoste

(for starters)

P3R3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Polos:

RL Purple Label
Fred Perry
Penguin
Le Tigre
Lacoste

(for starters)

Lacoste always looked seemed cheap to me, meh. Plus they are made in China or some other country.

P3R3

Reaction score
I like this gucci polo. http://cgi.ebay.com/289-Gucci-mens-e...QQcmdZViewItem

not sure if its legit.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Gucci polo is alright, but nothing outstandingly nice. The RLPL polos seem legit, but I agree that the low price is a bit off-putting. Though, I've been to Filene's Basement and they had racks of RLPL polos for similar prices. However, the seller has a lot of items that are commonly faked on ebay (A&F, RL Big Pony, etc). What is your style? That way we can help suggest other makers that you might find attractive.

P3R3

Reaction score
That Gucci polo is alright, but nothing outstandingly nice.

The RLPL polos seem legit, but I agree that the low price is a bit off-putting. Though, I've been to Filene's Basement and they had racks of RLPL polos for similar prices. However, the seller has a lot of items that are commonly faked on ebay (A&F, RL Big Pony, etc).

What is your style? That way we can help suggest other makers that you might find attractive.

Tommy Hilfiger is my favorite general purpose brand. I also like Greg Normans and Tiger Woods brand of polo (huge golf fan). I like a clean look, with minor design, mabe a few stripes or small design, something classy casual I guess.

P3R3

Reaction score
Sounds like RLPL would fit the bill for you, then.
Where can I get some legit stuff for a decent price?

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by P3R3
Lacoste always looked seemed cheap to me, meh. Plus they are made in China or some other country.

France or Peru. In the US, they're almost always from Peru.

For some very nice fabrics, Bobby Jones & Jeff Rose are good. Nat Nast can be fun if you don't mind looking like Charlie Sheen.

Lance has some RLPL polos at www.virtualclotheshorse.com and they are legit. If you really want to step it up, he had some Cucinellis and Avon Cellis last time I looked.

P3R3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rolo
France or Peru. In the US, they're almost always from Peru.

For some very nice fabrics, Bobby Jones & Jeff Rose are good. Nat Nast can be fun if you don't mind looking like Charlie Sheen.

Lance has some RLPL polos at www.virtualclotheshorse.com and they are legit. If you really want to step it up, he had some Cucinellis and Avon Cellis last time I looked.

This shirt looks pretty cool:
http://www.virtualclotheshorse.com/i...duct_id=230687

I am more of a large though. Medium might be a little short.

Jill

Reaction score
Ditto Bobby Jones. They may look a little more Country Club than Night Club, but at $135+, they are definitely among the best out there. I guess it just depends on which of the "ladies" you're seeking to attract! Very nice mercerized cotton, which maintains its sheen through multiple washings/dryings. These are about the only polo/golf shirt my dad will wear, so I've seen them survive the many careless washings of housekeepers...

P3R3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jill
Ditto Bobby Jones. They may look a little more Country Club than Night Club, but at $135+, they are definitely among the best out there. I guess it just depends on which of the "ladies" you're seeking to attract! Very nice mercerized cotton, which maintains its sheen through multiple washings/dryings. These are about the only polo/golf shirt my dad will wear, so I've seen them survive the many careless washings of housekeepers...
I like these **, are their fakes out there for this brand?

They are very very country club esque, I might have to pic one up for golfing! But, I prefer the purple label for everyday wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads