• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legion on Larchmont - Intersting Men's store in L.A.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
One of the lines they have is called (I think) Macintosh - all trench coats and outerwear. There were some really cool pieces from that line.
Mackintosh makes excellent rain jackets. I wish it were more easily available as it's way better than the other usual rain jackets put out by companies like Sanyo.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you getting the J Crew collaborration robin?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Are you getting the J Crew collaborration robin?
Thinking about it, I have my personal shopper keeping an eye out for one in the direct channel. They seem to have sold out everywhere pretty fast in the smaller sizes.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to do business on the Boulevard several times a week. My bank, my cleaner, my dentist, my favorite bookstore were all there. These days I don't get up there much and was oblivious to Legion. Don't know if there would be much to appeal to an old fart like me anyway.

There used to be good men's stores in a more traditional mode on Larchmont. The London Shop had a shop upstairs in one of the buildings close to 1st Street on the east side of the Boulevard. They didn't last too long. I think they were closed because of fire regulations. This would have been in the early '80s.

Later, G.B. Harb had a store on the Boulevard in the late '80s. It only lasted a few years. I met George Harb at his Beverly Hill store two or three years ago. He seemed like a nice guy. The BH store is gone too, now. There is only the downtown store left. He also had a very nice store on Wilshire Boulevard (near Kenmore, I think) back in the '80s.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Went to Legion yesterday with Whodini, Chad from Crate Denim, his Japanese Rep, and a few other doodz in the whole 'fashion game'....really cool store, it's easy to miss since it doesnt even have any visible lettering on the storefront. It's right in the middle of the Larchmont shopping strip just south of Beverly.

Only menswear, nicely editted. Brands they had were APC, Engineered Garments, Vroom, Baracuta, KMW, Rag & Bone, Shipley Hamos, Trovata, Paul Smith, Gilded Age, Comme des Garcons. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple brands too. No Band of Outsiders that I can recall

It's like a store made for SFers....which is why I dont get how it plans on staying afloat in the long haul since they dont have an online shop and the typical LA douchebag wouldnt have these brands on his radar (unless I'm grossly underestimating the LA douchebag)

Really nice interior decor and def worth checking out if yer in town.

Looks like a business opportunity. Talk them into making a site, and becoming an affiliate?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well they don't even have an email address, so somebody is going to have to call them or talk to them in-store.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
You folks on the coasts get all the good ****, we kids in NE have to drive 7 hours for any retailer remotely interested in menswear.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Baron. Now the secret's out. I grew up two blocks from Larchmont Blvd. I remember when the family owned Jurgensen's grocery store was exactly where that store is located. Welcome to the hood.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Yea, but Hancock Park isn't exactly "douche bag land"

yes. thank you. born and raised in HP for 20+ years. love that place. but seems like most retailers on Larchmont can't seem to sustain too long asides from the restuarants and cafes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they don't even have an email address, so somebody is going to have to call them or talk to them in-store.

I'll call them. Probably won't sell them on an advertising thing. I mean, that is sort of mercenary. But if they have product we like, and want to talk about it, I have no objections, and welcome another informed opinion.

Fok.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if there's no online store or affiliate program, it would be great to have a communication line set up between them and the forum. They post what stock they get, we buy it, repeat.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if there's no online store or affiliate program, it would be great to have a communication line set up between them and the forum. They post what stock they get, we buy it, repeat.

Actually, that is the affiliate model.

SecretService

Reaction score
Ilan at Legion is one of the good guys in the business. His store is top notch and definitely should be on the radar for all Angelenos and people visiting. Larchmont is one of the best neighborhoods in LA to grab lunch or a drink on a weekend afternoon so getting over there is worth it.

He does know of the forum and his site is currently in the works.

take care.

- SS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads