• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

dacox

Reaction score
I bought one of the dividers for my dog, but I stopped using it. The issue I ran in to was getting it to mount securely and stay in place as I drove. It always ended up loosening until it would eventually fall over and freak out the dog.

I think they are great if you can find one that will remain secure in your car, but I gave up on mine when it wouldn't stay in place even after making some modifications to it.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have the net one built in out of the factory, works fine. Once they see they can’t get to the front they will settle in.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A pup has been born this week. Actually 7 of them, one of which is coming home with us. Both the mother and the father are very strong hunting lines out of England, yet lovely to have around as a character. As a springer spaniel should be. Stoked to see one of these little guys coming home with us in 8 weeks.
4B1779EE-DEED-41A9-8363-E021822240CE.jpeg

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you hunt?

lefty
I do. Not that long yet but enjoying it every step of the way. The dog will help out in a year or two.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my Airedale is now 10 years. I can't believe I've been posting about her here for all those years, but here we are. She remains The Best Dog Ever, but is getting to be an old lady and we are considering getting another dog. Hopefully the new dog could learn some good habits from the old girl.

I have an itch for a Kangal or a Dogo but in reality, I don't think I have the time and space to do those breeds justice. We are buying two acres but somehow feel like they should have more room to roam.

We are thinking Terriers again, maybe a Jack Russel, Fox, or Wire Haired. Or maybe just stick with the King, the Airedale.

Does anyone know anything about this breeder?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They seem to be doing things right. Versatile work for a versatile dog. Worth checking out:

The Dogo and the Kangal are very different dogs. I don't think I would want a Kangal unless I had the fenced space and something for it to do. Dogos are a little easier to live with, but it could be a lot of dog.

I would stick with a breed you love.

lefty

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They seem to be doing things right. Versatile work for a versatile dog. Worth checking out:

The Dogo and the Kangal are very different dogs. I don't think I would want a Kangal unless I had the fenced space and something for it to do. Dogos are a little easier to live with, but it could be a lot of dog.

I would stick with a breed you love.

lefty
Yeah, I am about to have a few acres and there is a lion and bear problem so a Kangal makes some form of theoretical sense. There is a small community of Kangals locally, and apparently some decent genetics so I am curious. But I think I'm going to be smart about it. I just don't have the time to put into a huge dog and its unique needs.
Dogos are just cool.

I've been looking at that board, I think that might be where I found that kennel. I do love the Airedales, partly we have been spoiled by our current 'Dale. She is just a fantastic dog and really level headed. I meet so many people with horror stories, I really don't want to deal with a **** head Airedale for the next ten years.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I took a look around that site and there seem to be some good breeders but why not go back to her kennel?

Here's a link to current EU working airedale litters. Lot's to look at.

lefty

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a look around that site and there seem to be some good breeders but why not go back to her kennel?

Here's a link to current EU working airedale litters. Lot's to look at.

lefty
Sadly, Don stopped breeding.

Turns out he was rather controversial and a lot of people really hated him.
Personally, I loved my dog and the one other dog I met in the wild from his kennel was a great dog as well.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trying to recall. Was that the guy who had his dog tested by a decoy and they bolted?

lefty

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to recall. Was that the guy who had his dog tested by a decoy and they bolted?

lefty
Yup, Ran like a coward. I saw the video of that. But there are a lot of hyperbolic stories about how awful his dogs are that I just have to laugh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads