lefty's random dog thread.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lefty, Mar 22, 2009.

1. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

^Oh my! I always heard Dr. Carl was a nice guy personally. I wonder what the circumstances were: If it was fairly late in the evening, answering a knock on the door gun-in-hand might be a matter of simple prudence.

Update: Just read more about the matter: It occurred at 8:30 in the evening, so probably still light there. Semencic came out of the house, gun in hand, tapped on the glass door with his pistol and pointed with his gun to a sign saying, "No Peddlers, No Soliciting." He could well be busted on a charge of brandishing.

It was a damn fool thing to do. The sensible thing is to hold the gun behind your back until you have ascertained whether the caller is peaceful or not.

I just wonder if Semencic's preoccupation with fighting dogs could be raised against him at a hearing as evidence of a penchant for violence.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017

2. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Any malinois owners?

3. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Just read something about showing your piece when answering the door. Cops tend to shoot, citizens can file charges - best to have it out of sight. Better to not open the door if unsure of who's there.