1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

lefty's random dog thread.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lefty, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

My 2,600 was also at one of those state-of-the art emergency surgery facilities. Sounds like they are taking advantage to a degree. I know that these things are usually expensive, but that seems unreasonble. Their profit margin on that would probably be like 90%.

Anyway, glad to hear your dog is back to normal.

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I was almost in a fistfight earlier today with a somali idiot, for kicking a puppy.

His kid came over to the far corner away from everyone, while it was playing with a couple other dogs mine included, when it came over to him he began to run and the puppy ran after him, thinking it was play.

While the we were trying to call the puppy in and getting the boy to stop running, his dad rolls up jumps out the car and is ready to fight, first me and then the 75 year old women who owns the puppy, while he is yelling at us the boy is still running and screaming, which results in him run over and kicking a 3kg puppy.

FUCK I'M PISSED :censored:

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

^Too bad you didn't cold-cock him! But then he might well have knifed you! I hope the puppy wasn't hurt.

I am not sure why there is such a prejudice against dogs in most of the Muslim world. I don't think there is anything in the teachings of the Prophet (Upon Whom Be Peace) against dogs, and I have known some Muslims who are avid dog lovers.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

The only reason why, was that there was a butch lesbian between me and him at all times, who was equally as pissed and was about to beat him as well. It seemed all right afterwards and was playing with another dog, but who knows what happened later in the evening, it could have internal bleedings.

I have been threatened with knifes and guns before so I have a legal blade in my pocket at all times as a precaution.

Dogs are dirty creatures according to the Quran.

This may sound racist, but in my experience is not all muslims, it's primarily african muslims with Somalian being the worst by a large margin, I know Turks, Iranians etc. who own dogs and have for 30+ years, the somalians also have a crazy sense of entitlement and thinks that they are right and the world should adapt to them and not the other way round.

5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

awesome Boston, L-MD. His ears are much more proportional than hers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

beagle is doing really well. the oncologist wanted to see her so we took her in, and they said everything looks good, her lymph nodes are even smaller, liver is smaller, and while her enzymes are still elevated that probably is just a result of the cancer dying off. also applied to a local charity group that sometimes provides financial assistance -- already spent $2,500 on this so far, and while i can 'afford' it, would like to not have to pay as much!

7. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior member

That's good news so far Teger... really glad to hear it!

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

For you, Teger.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

lefty

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Right in the feels.

10. langand

langand New Member

Dogs are really a incredible pet on this earth. I have two Dobermann at my home and both are my favorite.

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

so true.

12. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

X2. Good luck Teger....

Spent the last 4 days grouse hunting up in the Mn. Arrowhead and when I was getting ready to go in the woods at one spot this guy came along training his sled dogs with a dead head ATV, hopefully if you click on it will come up larger but it still isn't the best picture. I better keep my day time job....

[​IMG]

Too many people today (IMO) ride ATV's grouse hunting and don't even use a dog let along walk. That picture I took is the best use of a dead ATV I have seen yet.

Taking a break and sharing some water with the dog:

[​IMG]

Just got back and we are headed back up Friday for another week. The dog is getting old but has no quit in him, he is ready to get back in the woods chasing birds where he belongs. Can't say as I blame him.

13. lefty

lefty Senior member

14. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I used to hunt wild boar in Fort Hunter Liggett when I was stationed in Alameda and down in San Diego. I just had to take the poll on the link and turns out I'm in the 88% group which reads - Seriously? This politically correct nonsense reflects precisely what's wrong with California. Yeah I've figured for awhile now that it is only a matter of time before the hunting heritage is gone, but hopefully not in my lifetime. Or my sons, but....

Mn. just started allowing wolf hunting this year and it is about time. I have nothing against them but they are getting out of control and have lost all fear of humans here. When a pack starts howling and they do it often the Toller doesn't know better and he wants to take off and go join them, something primitive in him pulls him to the sound of the pack. It is one of the few times I have to stand on the e-collar with him. And they would kill him in a heartbeat, most of us don't put bells on the dogs anymore as it just announces the dinner bell for the wolves.The HSUS has spent a fair amount of money putting billboards up trying to stop the wolf hunting. Ironic as they are anything but Humane.

15. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

I hope hunting isnt gone in my lifetime. The only thing i enjoy more than a long walk or a long sit in the woods is.... I cant think of anything I enjoy more. My dogs love it too.

16. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

[​IMG] Here is Tula. My standard poodle. Trying to take a nap at my office.

17. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

here's something I read in the local news today...

here's the poor dog
    warning! the dog doesn't have an upper snout.
    [​IMG]

also...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  18. lefty

lefty Senior member

19. pblasco

pblasco Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

My greyhound Sadie. She's five years old and we've had her for about six months. She's a great dog. Content to sleep most of the day, but gets super excited when I pull the leash out for a walk. She also loves to greet me in the morning by running in circles and grabbing and shaking every toy she can get her jaws on.

Not the most obedient dog, but we're still working on that. At least she hasn't tried to eat the cats.

20. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

Sadie looks cool. I love when the dogs get so excited they just gotta bring you a toy.