1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Left Field NYC Clothing Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eltopo, Feb 14, 2010.

1. irbe

irbe Senior member

PDSF, are the measurements accurate on website? Is the hem 8 inch? And are they more of a pant or a denim? Wanna try out this brand, but their cuts look really full

2. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

Yes, the measurements are accurate. Christian did a good job with them.

I had the same question as well before I bought them - whether they're more like pants vs denim. I also consulted with a few members before I pulled the trigger. I think they are more like chinos/pants to be honest. The fabric is unique and that's what drew me to them. The cut is fuller than some of the trousers I have but I don't find them too roomy/baggy. However, it all depends on your preference though.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  3. jimney

jimney Senior member

Is there a place that sells Left Field denim online that does chain stitch hemming?

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

Context?

5. smitchell

smitchell New Member

How much stretching have people with the Caramel Ducks experienced? I received a 31 today and they are pretty snug, if I can count on a solid inch or so of stretching they are keepers, but if not I have to return them.

6. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

Blue in green soho.

7. konadog

konadog Senior member

if you can button them up all the way you should be fine. both my indigo and natural selvedge ducks have stretched at least 1/2 inch in the waist. if you can't button them all the way you may need to size up.

8. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

New fall chinos and jeans up and hunting vest and sweats posting shortly at www.leftfieldnyc.com. C

9. dougie

dougie Senior member

Chinos look awesome. Are measurements analogous to your other tailored chinos?

10. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

thanks the Cone indigo and brown duck are a little wider then the JP twill and duck, but just because they are raw. They will shrink up similar to the washed pair but not quite as slim, since the JP twill and duck were washed and dried prior to ship. C

11. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

the JP wool flannel and tweed are as slim as the tailored JP twill. C

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

What about the wool ones. Do they fit the same or are they a bit looser / tighter due to the fabric?

13. EPHR

EPHR Member

The F/W new arrivals look awesome especially that hunting vest. I recently became a huge fan after buying a pair of the greasers this summer. Keep up the awesome work. Also, are there any plans for some new shirt options?

14. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

what weight is the new Cone brown duck?

15. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

thanks! Shirting has been very difficult everyone is using the same Mills and is getting repetitive. Not to mention Gitman kind of locked down the market and since they own their factory they can offer cheaper pricing. On the other hand I am doing a chain stitch work shirt made in America. Many of the Japanese ones don't fit American bodies. I did the armhole chain stitch as well so it will be as good if not better then the Japanese work shirts. I am delivering this January. The brown White Oak feels a little thinner then the indigo so maybe 11 oz. thanks, Christian

16. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

15% off everything at www.leftfieldnyc.com for black friday weekend. Code is LFBF15. Hope everyone had a nice quiet Thanksgiving. Christian

17. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Black Friday code! Just ordered my 1st 2 pairs of Left Field Chinos, they look great, excited to get them. Happy Thanksgiving!

18. scb

scb Senior member

How much shrink can I expect from the Canvas Miner Chino?

19. konadog

konadog Senior member

probably very little if you hang dry it. both my white oak miner chinos shrank only a bit after washes and quickly stretched back to where they were before wash. that being said, both stretched a bit from new after a few wears.

20. scb

scb Senior member

Thanks. Looks like I need to exchange for a smaller size