• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Left Field NYC Clothing Thread

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How would you guys rank the Japanese denim from LF to say, Kicking Mule Workshop's? And quality-wise... compared to, perhaps Raleigh Denim and KMW?

Reason is, I have a pair of KMWs that are a bit too tight to wear, so might pick up a pair of the LF raw indigo denim (non slub).

lawlercon

Reaction score
Left Field denim is great. All American components is awesome construction. I have never worn KMW but I would say it would be on par.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Left Field denim is great. All American components is awesome construction. I have never worn KMW but I would say it would be on par.

How much did they stretch waist wise? Got a pair coming in as I had some credit and they fit everywhere except the waist looks good for me right now.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. Don't have time in a pair to comment on fit behavior but construction is top notch & materials are awesome. they use different fabrics, though, so be sure you explore which denim you are interested in.

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
While I have not had any experience with their denim, their chino quality seems to be lacking. Recently picked up a pair of chinos from context, tried them on once then washed them once in the washer, and two buttons fell off :/

Last edited:

lawlercon

Reaction score

While I have not had any experience with their denim, their chino quality seems to be lacking. Recently picked up a pair of chinos from context, tried them on once then washed them once in the washer, and two buttons fell off :/

Hey bud,

There was a production issue with batch a of chinos where the buttons weren't properly secured. E-mail Christian at Left Field and he will take care of you. He actually hand sewed the buttons on the ones for his web shop because he didn't want them falling off on people, but some stock lists may of got chinos with loss button stitching (or someone tried on a pair that was too small...)

[email protected]

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in somewhat related news, i've got a pair of olive 34s fs if anyone's interested.

Xan7hos

Reaction score
Just received my Cone White Oak Greaser denim, I was wondering if they were unsanforized or not? I ended up purchasing a size 34 due to the actual waist measurements being 33.4" and I have a waist measurement of 34" so I was taking into consideration the 0.5-1.5" of stretch, however they actually a bit looser than I'd imagine. Shot an email to them already but hoping for a quicker response

Edit: Yup, they're sanforized

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Context has a full size run of the Japanese one on sale:
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2181

My cone oak ones stretched out well in the waist (ordered a 33, I'm a 34 waist) and the fit is really good for me now. Like the tighter top block but still having room for thighs

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m1zp923gr31qb0bszo1_500.jpg

Left Field Olive Twill

steve2318

Reaction score
Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
left field is nice but it isn't as good construction/finishing wise as KMW.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ever changing measurements make sorting out what size in which fabrication a bit of a challenge. I've bought and sold two pairs now due to that.

However..the new "Miners Chino" cut looks pretty sweet, with decent thigh room yet more taper to the hem. Really like that in the Cone indigo and the caramel duck.

EDIT: The model shown is 6" 155 and wears a size 33? That does not compute, unless he's got a beer belly. I'm 6'3 175 and wear denim that measures at 32-32.5". Confused...

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

left field is nice but it isn't as good construction/finishing wise as KMW.

Different styles though, Left Field has a lot of unique pieces and stuff that's really hot now like caramel ducks have been a left field staple for a while

The ever changing measurements make sorting out what size in which fabrication a bit of a challenge. I've bought and sold two pairs now due to that.
However..the new "Miners Chino" cut looks pretty sweet, with decent thigh room yet more taper to the hem. Really like that in the Cone indigo and the caramel duck.
EDIT: The model shown is 6" 155 and wears a size 33? That does not compute, unless he's got a beer belly. I'm 6'3 175 and wear denim that measures at 32-32.5". Confused...

Yeah I emailed Christian about the new sizing, says waists are a bit looser but slimmer through legs. Which is 100% perfect for me. Left Field top block is cut tighter than most denim

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3258.jpg

or

3255.jpg

Want to get both but only have enough funds for one. Thinking the chambrays

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads