1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Left Field NYC Clothing Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eltopo, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Ordered a pair of Caramel Organic Duck Miner Chinos and they arrived in 2 days. Fantastic chinos and service!

2. irbe

irbe Senior member

^
    How is the cut on those? Are they slimmer their Chino they made before?

3. meso

meso Senior member

Yeah left field chinos are a little generous huh.

4. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

They are a straight cut. I've worn them for a few days and they seem to have loosened up, which is what I prefer.

These are my measurements:
    Tagged 34

waist: 17.5 in across
    rise: 10.75 in
    leg down 14 in from crotch 9.5 in across
    inseam: 33 in
    hem: 8.5

The color is great and I think they will go well with indigo and chambray shirts. One of the reason I bought them was because of the cut; somewhat similar to an LVC 1947 501 - although the LVC has a higher rise and a slightly wider hem (9 inches), the leg is cut similar to the Left Field.

Let me know if you want any more measurements. I can even take some pics over the weekend.

Great chinos, great service, can't be beat.

5. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

Hey PP I would go 33 and stretch them. Cone stretches a lot more then most Japanese denims and I have stretched up to 2" as needed from General wear on Cone denim. C

6. konadog

konadog Senior member

just ordered the natural selvedge chinos after loving my indigo selvedge chinos. excited that i can probably soak these right off the bat and skip the stiffness as there's no reason to seek creases and fades with the white.

7. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

very true, the starch kind of antiques them a bit from rinsing, cool effect don't hot wash it might bleed the pocketing a bit, cold wash is fine though. C

8. konadog

konadog Senior member

i just got the chinos today - would you recommend not soaking or washing them initially?

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

This thread needs more action:

Indigo duck canvas today:
    [​IMG]

10. LFNYC

LFNYC Active Member

Hey Kona you don't have to pre-rinse but if you want a tighter fit I just wash mine in the bathroom sink in cold water and hang dry and check the fit.
    -Stevent nice wingtips are they Cordovan? I just got a vintage pair of Florsheim Imperial Cordovan that look just like them. C

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Christian yes they are. Alden for brooks brothers black fleece on grant last

12. konadog

konadog Senior member

i just wanted to give a shout out to the exemplary service Christian provides. i emailed him this morning as i wanted to send my client a gift and he got back to me immediately with great thoughts and is even handwriting a note. great products, great service, great brand. and it's american.

13. jus schilling

jus schilling Member

yes, this thread does need more action.. ive been in the chelsea jean for a few days now.. awsome fit.. also love how they arent at all stiff but creases set easily..

14. konadog

konadog Senior member

look for a pair of chambray miner chinos on the "goodbyes" of Saturday Night Live tonight.

15. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

17. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

^ what size are you after? I was going to order 31 but in the end I ordered 30 and they fit me just about right but I think they will stretch out a bit!

18. stevent

stevent Senior member

19. rollo

rollo Member

pdsf - Does your size 30 really have a waist of exactly 30 inches? If they might stretch out to about 30.5 then I just might have to get them.

20. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

They are at my tailor's for hemming but according to Christian, I think they might stretch out a bit more, but do confirm/check with him!

I will provide waist measurement when I get them back. FYI I washed and dried them on high once as per Christian's recommendation before I took them to my tailor.

EDIT: duh, I thought I had taken them to my tailor but nope, I took another pair of trousers... Anyway, my pair measures 30" at the waist. Hope it helps.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012