• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Resource icon

Leffot: Rare NOS Ivy League Venetian Loafers - Genuine Horween Shell Cordovan, Size 8 D

jivyivy

Reaction score
jivyivy submitted a new listing:

Leffot: Rare NOS Ivy League Venetian Loafers - Genuine Horween Shell Cordovan, Size 8 D - Made in Maine by Rancourt & Co. - BRAND NEW!

Title says it all. These sold out years ago and are pretty rare. They were made by Rancourt & Co. for Leffot and marketed as the "Ivy Loafer". They retailed for over $600 -- I've attached a screen caption of the original receipt from my inbox. BRAND NEW / UNWORN. Leather uppers are genuine Horween shell cordovan. See additional photos below...

Read more about this listing...

JayDotz

Reaction score
Any info on how these fit? What’s your brannock size?

jivyivy

Reaction score
Any info on how these fit? What’s your brannock size?
Hi Jay, I could only offer measurements as they don't fit me personally. I'm an 8.5 D so my brannock size wouldn't be of much help. The insoles seem to be glued in place but the outer soles measure 11 1/8 " front to back. I would treat these as you would any of Rancourt's loafers, and from my experience with other models (penny loafers for ex), they seem to fit true to size.

From Rancourt's website Q+A:
"Q: Should I order a different size in a loafer as opposed to a tie shoe?
A: The simple answer is no, we engineer our shoes so that you can order the same size in every style."

I hope that helps, somewhat.

jivyivy

Reaction score
Btw, I also have a pair in black shell cordovan to offer in the same size; new old stock as well.

See photo below:

black shell.jpg

jivyivy

Reaction score
No problem. For anyone else reading or interested, I've confirmed with Rancourt & Co. (spoke with Kyle over the tel. this morning who knows the shoes well) that they're a 'true to size' fit so if anyone normally take an 8 D, then these should be well suited to you.

jivyivy

Reaction score
Would you know which last these are on?

Thank you
I'm sorry, I'm not sure about the last. You could always send Ron Rider at Leffot an email to inquire or just give Rancourt a call. If you mention the collaboration with Leffot back around 2011/12 and specify that you're referring to the unlined shell cordovan venetians, they should be able to give you that answer. I spoke with Kyle earlier and he remembered the shoe.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's