• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee Trevor (France) Vintage Distressed Black Leather Motorcycle Jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

retailingprof

Reaction score
No one can do iconic Americana like the French! In the 1980s and 90s, French designer Lee Trevor had a series of hand-made leather jackets manufactured to be sold in the E.U., the U.K, Australia, and in North America.

There are patches on each sleeve. One is Brunswick Tires, and is made of a carpet-pile like material. The other patch is distressed leather, pictures a Tiger and says “Cincinnati Tigers,” which was a professional baseball team formed in 1934. On the back is stenciled “Hydra-Glide”, a picture of a thunderbird with the word “thunderbird" under it. And then, underneath that is “super-smooth riding.” It is my understanding that in the movie “Wild Bunch,” Marlin Brando rode a Harley Hydra-Glide and his arch-rival Lee Marvin rode a Triumph Thunderbird.

There are a total of 7 zippered pockets on the outside and one zippered and one not zippered on the inside. All zippers work perfectly and have the original leather or metal zipper handles (I guess so you can open and close them while going 100 MPH). There are epilates on each shoulder, each with 3 metal ornaments. Sleeves zipper, and there is a working belt with Chrome buckle at the bottom. There are even 2 in the back, probably so your rider can put her hands in to keep warm.

The leather is perfectly distressed. Although the leather looks old, this jacket has been very lightly worn. I would call it “mint” or even “as new.” The leather has a nice subtle buttery feel. The black rayon quilted lining is in perfect condition. It comes from a smoke-free home.

It is marked large, probably a 40-42. I’m a 40 and normally wear a 42 in an outer jacket. This one fits me if I have a sweater on. I’ve found that size designation is random on these jackets. So, here are the particulars:
Top of sleeve to cuff 22.5”
Armpit-to-armpit 24”
Top of collar to bottom of back 25”
Waist 20”

Attachments

• LT HG Tiger patch.jpg
    LT HG Tiger patch.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,025
  • LT HG front.jpg
    LT HG front.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 1,142
  • LT HG front closup.jpg
    LT HG front closup.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,300
  • LT HG label.jpg
    LT HG label.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 1,133
  • LT HG3 epilets.jpg
    LT HG3 epilets.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 1,155
  • LT HG2.jpg
    LT HG2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 2,287
  • LT HG1.jpg
    LT HG1.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 2,976
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads