1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lee Originals

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robbie, May 11, 2010.

1. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Senior member

Uh, Lee still makes the 101 line. I'm wearing a pair right now that I got off of Cult late last year. And Barney's was stocking the 101s this season, too.

For your Euro kids, Truffleschwein stocks Lee. Support your friend in Berlin!

True. I did see that on Cult and just saw them on Barney's....had been checking more of Lee's main line and didn't see them. Thanks Who.

2. dim_sum

dim_sum Member

Bringing this thread back...here are my 101zs. I've been cycling them on/off for about 6 months

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dim_sum

dim_sum Member

[​IMG]

Woops...you guys can delete this

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  4. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

I am looking for a good pair of Lee jeans. I like the fit of a Levi's 514 but the quality is crap. I had some Roscoe's a few years ago and loved them but they are history. Can anyone recommend something similar to what I am looking for that is made by Lee?

Please respond here and by PM

Thanks a lot!

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

6. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  7. whodini

whodini Senior member

If you want a washed pair, ok. Washed denim doesn't reduce in size.

8. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

I prefer a washed look, but not if they don't fit!!
    How much, and where will the Lee selvege shrink?

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

Like any other sanforized jeans: a little bit in the waist, maybe ~1" in length. Nothing drastic.

10. Jd5016

Jd5016 Active Member

I did not realize that the ankle opening of the 101s was as small as it is, 7". I am looking for the exact fit of the 101s but with a slightly larger ankle opening, is there another 101 that fits this description?

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

Why bother with Lee if you're this anal? There's the 101Z, the 101S, and the 101B (although you can add other fits like the logger, too). Stop trying to push a round peg into a square hole.

12. JohnnyAce

JohnnyAce New Member

Anybody tried the Lee 101b for Jcrew? They say it's japanese selvedge but skeptical of Jcrew quality.

13. whodini

whodini Senior member

J Crew isn't making anything in these collabs with Red Wing, Levi's, etc. other than putting their name on the product and changing a few minor details. Any quality concerns should be with Lee itself, which tends to be a brand (especially the 101 line) that has a reputation for being problem-free.

That said, the denim is most likely from Kaihara since they use several different denims (13.25, 13.5, 13.75, 14 oz) for different models in the 101 line. Visually, hand, etc. it's comparable to Cone. It's definitely not as interesting as the Warehouse x Lee or the other Lee collabs, but it's not awful, either. That said, the non-J Crew 101 b can typically be found for less than J Crew's retail.

14. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Hoping for help id'ing a pair of raw japanese 101z that i recently picked up at a thrift. Love the fit, but I can't figure out the model. I can add pics if needed. Here are the details.

7 belt loops
    half-selvedge (or whatever is the preferable term)
    Talon zip (not a talon 42; only marking is a 1 on the back)
    Copper "UFO" rivets with lee etched into the metal
    left hand twill
    Brown leather patch on back with the Lee 'twitch' lettering and R - M.R.
    Woven inner waistband label saying "Lee R-M.R." in gold thread, then: Riders - Sanforized - Waist - Union Made. (the label is not centered, but sewn (on the inside) opposite the outside leather patch
    rear pockets unlined
    union label stitched into right rear pocket that says some stuff, including '101'

modern inside label that says things like
    made under license by H.D. Lee...
    size 33
    "JPN"
    Lee - 2965
    8524 - 1607

The denim itself is not a very deep dark indigo like I seem to see on, say, the 1966. Strictly looking at online pics, which I know is sketchy, the color looks close to this "12oz 5 Dips Dry" pair on cultizim:

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p1821_LEE-101-Rider-12oz--5-Dips-DRY.html

Any help is appreciated. I wasn't sure I would like Lee jeans but, once i tried them on, I immediately loved them. They're really different than other denim I wear. I've been wearing a few vintage leather waist length jackets lately and the ginormous rise on the Lees suits these jackets better than most of my other jeans. Almost like Lady Luck new what I needed more than I did.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  15. pk977

pk977 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Which version is that Denim Jacket. Anyone know the retail price and production in USA or other countries. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. 4characters

4characters Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

I recently got my hands on a pair of selvedge Lee 101 Riders that were made in turkey. The denim looks nice, left hand twill with some mill flaws. Anyone know where the denim might be from?

18. 4characters

4characters Senior member

I got a new pair of Lee 101z and on the tag it says that lee 101 makes there denim on the same narrow looms that they made their original lee jeans on. It also says that the looms were shipped to Japan. Making the selvedge Japanese denim….

I just love my Lee 101z 23oz…. Great denim.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  19. pk977

pk977 Well-Known Member

wow, 23oz ............

20. pk977

pk977 Well-Known Member

Please present photos