• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lee Baron Suit or just something otr?

EricE.

Reaction score
Hi,
I just recently moved to HK and I need to get one suit. I am pretty tall and slim and most suits do not fit me off the rack, but I guess if I look at the higher priced segment, I will be able to find something, that fits me.

The thing is, that now that I lurk SF for a long time now, I of course went to Lee Baron to let him show me some of his materials and ask for the prices. They ranged from 5700 HK$ to 6000 HK$ fully canvassed (of course prices depending on the material).
As I am a student right now, these prices would set me back a lot. My question is whether it is worth it to go bespoke or just look for some reduced suits of whatever brand.

It would help me, if people could post some of their suits that they got made by Peter Lee and share their experience (in terms of quality, fit, peter lee's style etc.)

IN OTHER WORDS:
Is a lee baron suit worth 500-600€?

BTW: I have seen two threads where a user posted his suits made by Lee and they looked pretty well, but the pictures were very small, so not a lot could be seen...

Kind regards,
Eric

EricE.

Reaction score
this one is exactly one of the two i found with pictures in it.
smile.gif
(the other one is from you as well)

so what is your experience with the baron suits? would you say they are worth the money? and do you have any experience with their own material (except for the linen SC you got made)?

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll post some pictures later of a brown flannel suit Peter did for me, and which I'm quite happy with. I would say going bespoke is worth the money, as it will last you much longer that any on-sale designer suit. As for the stock fabrics Peter has, they really are not particularly special, but still very decent. Just get something you like the look of. Although there is no shortage of places on the Net where you can go berserk with fabric shopping.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EricE.
this one is exactly one of the two i found with pictures in it.
smile.gif
(the other one is from you as well)

so what is your experience with the baron suits? would you say they are worth the money? and do you have any experience with their own material (except for the linen SC you got made)?

I think even though he's raised prices a bit they are still worth it. If you can find something off-the-rack that fits you almost perfectly for 300 euros it's tough to beat that, but Peter will definitely take good care of you. He also makes great shirts which are well worth a shot.

Wongtouski

Reaction score
Great post gents, I was about to go to Lee Baron this weekend to get a suit made and was wondering about their shirts as well, it'll be my first time there!

dbc

Reaction score
Peter is good value.

EricE.

Reaction score
was there today and ordered a suit, as i really could not find anything in my size rtw in hong kong that was in my price range.

the suit i ordered is 150s wool cashmere in navy (something like this) with double vent, 2 horn button, 4 kissing buttons on the cuff (off course working button holes), wide lapels with working buttoniere and buttoniere cord, middle soft shoulders, trousers with one pleat, side adjusters, and 1 3/4 inch cuff.

I am excited about my first fitting which is next week wednesday.

EE

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you took the trouble to use the Search function you would see innumerable threads on the options for HK.

wizards11

Reaction score
quick question about peter lee. i have been there for 2 suits, very happy with them. how are they with sport jackets? thinking about getting a tweed jacket but not sure if this is his strength?

mrmax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EricE.
the suit i ordered is 150s wool cashmere

EE

did you say you moved here? It's going to be 30C in a month, how will you wear this?

Thugjitsu00

Reaction score
OFf the rack suits fit me and look good. The price for a Lee Baron suit is about the same as the quality Off the rack stuff but the bespoke suit looks even better. I also have the advantage of being unique. I like to play around with colors and patterns. The custom linings and matching button hole stitching add a great touch along with the built in “pocket square”. I’ve been wearing these suits for nearly 10 years and the first ones I bought still look good. Quality, style, fit, fun, value, what else do you want?!?!

98E85DA0-CBD1-4761-B52D-BC31B5241AA3.jpeg

B85F981F-DD0B-42BE-893A-4884D2E4E275.jpeg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OFf the rack suits fit me and look good. The price for a Lee Baron suit is about the same as the quality Off the rack stuff but the bespoke suit looks even better. I also have the advantage of being unique. I like to play around with colors and patterns. The custom linings and matching button hole stitching add a great touch along with the built in “pocket square”. I’ve been wearing these suits for nearly 10 years and the first ones I bought still look good. Quality, style, fit, fun, value, what else do you want?!?!

Are you trolling?

Hifilover

Reaction score

View attachment 1047057

View attachment 1047058

Is it an advertisement ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads