1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ledbury - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by Ledbury, Jul 17, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Senior member

[​IMG]

Wore the shirt all day (enjoy the crappy cell photo!) -- the shirt was very comfortable all day. Fits great in the waist, which is where most shirts are uncomfortable for me. Happy with the purchase so far.

2. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

Received help. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  3. Louys

Louys Senior member

Thanks for the 30% off sale. I copped an Atherton and a blue Bengal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Yes, thanks for 30% off, I purchased my 8th Ledbury shirt, the Green Parker button down. I also purchased a $200 gift card the day before for $150 that I plan to use for one of the blazers. Any idea when you'll restock the blazers in 44R?

5. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

Received my first Ledbury shirt last week. I went with the Blue Fine Twill Spread in the slim fit. Pretty happy with both the fit and quality. I plan to continue my support of another W&L General with future purchases!

6. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Just wondering, are you OK with the shoulder? From this post, I thought Ledbury pattern matched the shoulder to the sleeves: http://www.styleforum.net/t/308097/ledbury-official-affiliate-thread/0_100#post_5605524 I ordered one that looked about the same so I returned it for credit. I liked the fit so I think I'll just order another solid blue.

7. SidewinderX

Fred -- I might be revealing my naiveté, but I'm not sure how you would pattern match a shirt like this. I imagine it would be quite difficult to do in this case, but I'd love to see an example of shirt that does it, if you can dig up a link.

So that said, no it doesn't bother me. It's a great fit -- like I said earlier, it's a closest to my Charles Tyrwhitt "tailored" fit shirts, but this gives me more room in the shoulders, which matches my body type better. (I think I have a pretty 'average' body type as well, so that's probably a good sign for many people).

8. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Since the pattern is symmetrical, I would expect the shoulder to line up with the sleeve. Your posted shirt (and the one I received) does not. Most shirts do not, but since Ledbury said they pattern matched I kind of expected them to actually pattern match. Probably half of my shirts are Hilditch & Key which does pattern match. Most of the rest are BB or CT which does not, and an assortment of those that do (Drake's, Zegna, etc.). It's not a big deal if you're wearing a jacket, but considering H&K shirts are now sub $100 in Dec. and Ledbury is $135ish, I was expecting pattern matching.

9. SidewinderX

Do you have a photo or a link to an example? (This is off topic now, but I'm curious!)

10. Ledbury

Ledbury Senior member

We should be bringing in new blazers sometime in the next few months. We recently added the Sutton to the collection (http://www.ledbury.com/products/the-blue-sutton-sport-coat) (image below), that is available in 44 R in blue. We're hoping to bring in more unique fabrics as well with our Spring collection!

[​IMG]

11. Cuttingboard

Do you plan on restocking the sutton in grey?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  12. hockeynut

hockeynut Member

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum and in my search for affordable, well fitting, quality shirts I stumbled upon ledbury. I was wondering if anyone who has purchased a shirt from them would be willing to shoot me a pm with a referral code as I am interested in trying this brand. Thanks.

13. Cuttingboard

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  14. Ledbury

Ledbury Senior member

Our next batch will be the Spring collection, so we will not be restocking that particular style. However, we should have several new options available.

15. Cuttingboard

Too bad, hopefully you'll have some spring jackets in grey or restock the grey sutton blazer next fall/winter season. Its the sole reason why I asked for Ledbury gift cards for Christmas. I may have to return them since I have enough shirts.

Can the spring jackets be worn during the summer? I'm trying to gauge the type of fabric the spring jackets will be made out of and whether the blazers are 1 or 2 season blazers.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  16. Ledbury

Ledbury Senior member

We'll have a mix of options coming in the spring. As of now, we'll have several versatile blues returning - the hopsack and loro piana - and a few new options, including a tan linen houndstooth that would be more of a spring/summer fabric.

Our designer is actually meeting with our production mill in Italy later this week, so we should have more information on what is to come in upcoming weeks.

17. bdjohnson510

bdjohnson510 New Member

Great story...great shirts. It doesn't appear they are made (manufactured) in the USA - I read that they are manufactured in Poland? Is that correct?

18. Cuttingboard

Ledbury has recently begun using FedEx Smartpost which means that the item is picked up by FedEx and transferred to the US Postal Service for delivery. I'm assuming they did this to save money but evidently didn't do their homework concerning delivery time, lost packages and customer inconvenience. My last two orders since Christmas have been shipped via FedEx Smartpost and takes an extra 4 days for delivery to my post office and I have to go pick up the package because USPS does not deliver Smartpost packages to my house. Before Smartpost, when Ledbury used regular FedEx, I would receive my package the next day since I live 90 miles away. Now, the package takes a week since the package is routed from Virginia to Maryland to West Virginia and back. Also, once the package leaves FedEx, there's no responsibility if the package is lost. This was my last Ledbury order until they begin using normal FedEx again.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  19. Cuttingboard

Yes.

20. Ledbury

Ledbury Senior member

This is correct - all of our design happens in our Richmond location. Our fabrics are sourced from Italy and our shirts are manufactured in a small factory in Poland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.