• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ledbury dress shirts

gadorg

Reaction score
Gents - has anyone taken the plunge and purchased any shirts from Ledbury? Price point doesn't seem too bad, but I was also looking at the BB Extra Slim fit as well (3 for $199).

asnexprss

Reaction score
would like to know as well, as these guys are based out of my hometown (Richmond, VA)

hpnotiqdaze

Reaction score
BUMP... thinking of buying one too... Their slim fit is right around Express's Medium for me so it's almost perfect... How the quality for the price?

Last edited:

rajesh06

Reaction score
I just received and wore my first Ledbury shirt. (Just bought one to try it out) No tie today.

I thought the construction was very good. There is some magic in the collars that keeps them standing - this fixes a problem that I often I have when wearing dress shirts without the tie.

I thought it fit me well. I am 6ft ~195lb - probably about 15 lbs over my ideal weight for my build and I got the regular fit- which was just about perfect for me.

The fabric isn't the silky luxury that you would get from much more expensive shirts - but it is definitely high quality.

Basically - I would say that the fabric is about what you'd expect in a $125 shirt; the fit and construction are what you'd expect in a $250 shirt.

I couldn't easily locate the country of origin for the shirt - which was a bit annoying.

I'll definitely be buying more.

Dripp

Reaction score
I will say that the slim is very slim. I an only wear a BB slim, but the Ledbury slim was too tight. Loved the shirt though..

Asian Afro

Reaction score

I will say that the slim is very slim. I an only wear a BB slim, but the Ledbury slim was too tight. Loved the shirt though..

I find Ledbury's slim fits me rather well. I'm 5' 7", 140 lbs with an 8-inch drop. I notice that the slim version is the darted version of their regular shirt.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two slim Ledbury shirts. They are just as slim fitting as the pictures below portray. Definitely, they are more slim than a BB slim. I would say that the mid section of the shirt is very slender.

These are great shirts. On the website, the makers discuss the design of the collar and the "look" they desire when the top button is open.

Every Tuesday, they feature a new "short run" shirt. I'd buy every one of 'em if I wasn't so broke.

They launder beautifully.

Blue Roosevelt

Blue Fine Twill Worker

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
The owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The owner did a presentation at my school for a class on start ups. One of our alums. He trained on Jermyn St., forgot which firm. Shirts are made in Poland. He was very knowledgeable and assured me that these shirts were on par with any shirt in the 200-300 dollar retail price range because of the lower overhead of not having a brick and mortar shop.

I forgot to mention "Made in Poland". I don't think I've ever seen that on a clothing label before.

TemiCastro

Reaction score
bought 7 shirts all top notch, the slim fit is the best fit for off the rack I've ever tried better than all the English brands, I'm 6 foot 3 and weigh about 85kgs, the slim fit is just right not too tight just loose enough..
I recommend!

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any coupon codes? Also, can anyone comment on the current quality of the shirts? Are they still as good as a couple of years ago?

ElementHU

Reaction score
Would love to try their shirts, especially the slim fit, but they do not currently make the slim fit beyond a 16.5 neck and I'm a 17. I've called and they advise they don't have any plans in the near future to be making 17 neck or higher in the slim cut. :(

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
I tend to avoid fused collars but apparently they fuse theirs from "the outside in" so I might take the plunge and have a look-sey

wsumarine

Reaction score
Sleeve lengths are probably pretty standard, but they are too short for us long arm types. If they are going to add a shortening option they might as well start with a longer initial length.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sleeve lengths are probably pretty standard, but they are too short for us long arm types. If they are going to add a shortening option they might as well start with a longer initial length.

+1. A 15.5 shirt with a "standard" 34" sleeve means I'm never shopping there (I need a solid 35" or 35 1/4). And that's a shame, I'd be willing to give a couple of their shirts a whirl.

I wonder the rationale to cut themselves short of a larger market ?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads