• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Led Zeppelin 'reunion' tour - would you watch?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The rumors are swirling of a Led Zep reunion tour. Never mind the existence of Plant/Page projects of years past - this time it's different. Plant is allegedly uninterested in touring. Even if an adequate replacement (Ann Wilson gets my vote) takes the reins, would you even bother to see them?

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not interested enough to pay for it, particularly at anywhere near what prices I'm sure they'll be charging, but I would go if freebies fell from the heavens.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the tour were sans Bonham (obviously) and Plant - how is it Zeppelin?

brlfvr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Not without Robert Plant.

+1

Originally Posted by milosz
If the tour were sans Bonham (obviously) and Plant - how is it Zeppelin?

+more than 1

Bonham's son is a good drummer but he doesn't have the feel of his dad who was one of my biggest influences. He is missed.

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe Page will call them New Led Zep - Led Zep were the New Yardbirds at first, its like the antique knife with 3 new blades and two new handles...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tangfastic
Maybe Page will call them New Led Zep - Led Zep were the New Yardbirds at first, its like the antique knife with 3 new blades and two new handles...

Based on Page's recent live playing (O2 arena concert), I'd call them New Coke, but that's just MHO.

Mauby

Reaction score
I'd love to see it...however, I could only imagine what good seats would go for. Far more than I'd want to pay, and that's just the face value.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I saw Page/Plant live in 1997 or 1998 in Memphis (I think when they released a new Album) and they really did a great job. I don't know if I'd drop the money to see them again, but it was great to see them once.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd rather just buy a Led Zeppelin DVD from when they were in their prime. Why watch what was once probably the best band on the planet as shells of their former selves? One missing (deceased) band member, OK. 2, with one being the lead singer, and them being as old as they are, can't be worth it.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I saw Page/Plant live in 1997 or 1998 in Memphis (I think when they released a new Album) and they really did a great job. I don't know if I'd drop the money to see them again, but it was great to see them once.

I caught that tour (for their "Walking into Clarksdale" album) in Prague. It was a good show, though Plant made the mistake of thinking he could hit the wails on the "Immigrant Song" when nobody really expected him to be able to, anyway.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura2010
I caught that tour (for their "Walking into Clarksdale" album) in Prague. It was a good show, though Plant made the mistake of thinking he could hit the wails on the "Immigrant Song" when nobody really expected him to be able to, anyway.
Yep; "Walking into Clarksdale" was the one... I couldn't remember the album name earlier. Pretty much after "In through the Out Door" I stopped buying their stuff, though it was nice to see them out and about.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Led Zeppelin on tour without Plant and Bonham is like The Who without The Ox and Moon -- BS designed to part fools with their money.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Yep; "Walking into Clarksdale" was the one... I couldn't remember the album name earlier. Pretty much after "In through the Out Door" I stopped buying their stuff, though it was nice to see them out and about.

yep, that was it for me too. I bought Presence just to have it but boy it sucked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads