1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

leaving the label outside of t-shirts so that the brand is visible to others

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hermes man, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Rivey

Rivey Well-Known Member

Definately keep the tag inside the shirt. Leaving it out will totally diminish any style credibility whatsoever.

2. Patek

Patek Senior member

Sadly, I think he is serious about this.

3. miketcooper

miketcooper Active Member

Sadly, I think he is serious about this.
    Oh yea he's real - check out his "So High Fashion Blog" complete with the offending Armani Tshirt and such gems as:
    "Thaksin former billionaire prime minister of Thailand now living in exile spotted rocking Louis Vuitton Belt and Burberry shirt. I dont like how he runs his country but i respect him for his interest in branded stuffs!"​
    and
    "...too bad our Burberry dont have them in Malaysia! dont ask me to find them overseas! because i am not a traveller.. for 2 good reasons I want to spend my money in Malaysia to help our economy and lastly I am afraid to travel oversea because sked virus."
    AND the best of all:
    "Even the Nazis uniform make those krauts look so sharp and charismatic. So yea Hugo Boss are not only famous for their marketing and premium fused suits, but they are the company who made those awesome uniforms for the Nazis."

4. latindandy

latindandy Well-Known Member

when i see someone bragging about using some brand i feel i need to tell him something:
    1: You are way too insecure, go see a shrink, maybe you re depressed.
    2: You don't need to show the brand for people to tell. A lot of people easily recognise world's best brandes Patek Phillippe, JLC, Hermes products, etc... Showing the label is caring way too much about what unknownlegeable people thinks ... People who care will notice without you showing the brand ...
    3: You're a f*****ing idiot! Stop doing that crap and maybe you will get laid someday (or at least by someone who actually cares about you and not a goldigger who will take all you $$$ and then leave)

5. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

6. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Y'know, for the price of two of those shirts you could get yourself a really nice camera...to take pictures that don't suck...
    Yes he could buy a nice Leica for what he would spend on just two of these t-shirts, instead of using that cheap PoS iPhone knock-off he's evidently got.

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I still love my new avatar.

8. dsmolken

dsmolken Senior member

The wealthy Westerners you are trying to imitate are way, way beyond this stage in dressing to show off their money. It's time to catch up.
    I'm not sure catching up with wealthy Westerners, imitating them accurately and doing things that would actually make a positive impression on them would be anything but a colossal waste of time and money for someone who might never actually meet a wealthy Westerner in person.

9. Navi

Navi Senior member

Oh I don't think he needs help, He enjoys what he likes. He's your typical probably nouveau riche Chinese alpha male. They're quite common in places like Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Hong Kong, Macau, Taipei, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, etc. I think Hermes Man is somewhat unusual though because he blogs about it in quite good English and in great depth.

Brand whoring is absolutely endemic in this part of the world. Even the students at the local schools will often draw famous western designer luxury logos on their tracksuit school uniforms with laundry marker.

Huh, I never found many guys in SG to be so brand and image obsessed. Most of the ones I've met are just the shorts and t-shirt type, though of course there are those who care about how they look. From my experience the women are 100x worse, total brand whores. Better be prepared to drop down some serious cash on some branded purses if you ever want to date a singaporean girl!

Does anyone know how hermes man affords this? Rich parents I'm assuming, but does he earn any of his own money, and if so, what does he do?

I'd love to be able to afford a $400 t-shirt, shit!

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

his blog looks legit... legitimately owned by a major asian tool. looks like any other rich, spoiled, closeted asian asshole that dots south east asia like a bad case of herpes. this guy makes bryan boy look like fucking cary grant. jeesh.

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

You're like the Jason Bourne of trolls.

He is just great ...

One of my favourite troll ever...

12. Navi

Navi Senior member

[​IMG] Chinese Alpha Males. edit: also, the outfit he's wearing in this pic cost him around $4000 according to his blog post [​IMG]

13. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

I still love my new avatar.

+1.

14. Jangofett

Jangofett Senior member

Chinese tool not Alpha Males.

I wonder why no Malaysians have chimed in about their compatriot and how his braindead nonsense is embarrasing them.

Hermes man does not seem to be a troll. Would a troll take real photos of himself and post on his own blog full of his real photos and his friends photos and his brilliant insights?

15. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

There are such fools everywhere, Chinese or not.

16. exhaze

exhaze Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

so do you think it would look weird if I purposely leave the label hanging outside like this

But how do you deal with the issue of the label getting tucked back into the shirt as you wear it throughout the day?

Have you considered stapling the label to the back of your neck? Sure, it's painful, but such is the sacrifice you have to make for fashion.

17. sqweegle

sqweegle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Chinese Alpha Males.

edit: also, the outfit he's wearing in this pic cost him around $4000 according to his blog post [​IMG]

Money well spent[​IMG]

This guy probably plays with himself while googling pictures OF himself...

18. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

There are such fools everywhere, Chinese or not.
    No offense, in UK I saw more spoiled Russian and British than my fellow Chinese University students. The most likely spoiled Asian, according to my observation, are Thai, but at least they are not so loud to their possession. Maybe I am just in the wrong part of UK

19. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

[​IMG]

Chinese Alpha Males.

edit: also, the outfit he's wearing in this pic cost him around $4000 according to his blog post [​IMG]

May I ask, why all the guys except Hermes Man, were wearing sandals?

20. ginlimetonic

ginlimetonic Senior member

[​IMG]

Chinese Alpha Males.

Hermes man looks p'shopped into this photo.
    justification: He's the only guy wearing collar and suit pants with dress shoes in malaysia. everyone else is in sandals and shorts.