1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

leaving the label outside of t-shirts so that the brand is visible to others

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hermes man, Jun 15, 2011.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I say have a tailor carefully remove the tag at the back and have it carefully sewn at the front right hem of the shirt so when the eye catches the H of your Hermes belt it is then drawn to the GA label to the right of it. I would also recommend keeping the price tag on it so people know it is not a knock off.

I hope this helps.

2. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

You're like the Jason Bourne of trolls.

Ahahahahahahhahahahahahah.....

3. blahman

blahman Senior member

I love you Hermes Man. [​IMG] You are just so dang adorable.

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

There's a weekly market where I stay in the Canaries which has some excellent knock-off clothes stands! My particular favourite was a black, jersey jumper with embossed, luminous red, yellow and green brand logos on it. Boss, Prada, D&G, Armani, Dior, YSL were all well represented in flourescent plastic lettering! HermesMan would have blown his spuds!
    The designer stuff I see here is somewhat more subtle than that. One will often find jackets, sweaters and shirts with some Chinese brand on the tags, but incorporated into the garment's pattern or design will be famous designer logos, like YSL, Prada, Gucci, D&G, A&F, LV, Dior, Versace, Armani, Burberry, etc., along with generic words like Fashion, Style, Vogue, Golf, Polo, Soccer and Sports. NEVER any Chinese lettering though, except on the care instructions.

5. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

6. sqweegle

sqweegle Well-Known Member

Hoooly fuck... [​IMG]

For some morbid reason I hope this dude is serious.

7. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

We need a list of all the lovable trolls weve had on this forum and have a faceoff for greatest troll moments ever.
    1. Hermes Man
    2. Spalla
    3. Weird meats
    4. Eric Glennie
    teh cashmere guy
    anymore big ones im missing?

8. Jangofett

Jangofett Senior member

We need a list of all the lovable trolls weve had on this forum and have a faceoff for greatest troll moments ever.
    1. Hermes Man
    2. Spalla
    3. Weird meats
    4. Eric Glennie
    teh cashmere guy

Did you include the guy who wanted to use his penis skin (after his transexual operation), as his wallet?

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ that's weird meats.

10. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

Isn't Hermes Man a purseforum regular? [​IMG]

11. tumadre

tumadre Active Member

That is really sad. Unfortunately, it looks like he's being serious. He needs help, and he doesn't realize it.

12. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

I refuse to believe that anyone would dedicate this much energy a sock. He's real AND trolling.

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

1. Hermes Man
    2. Spalla
    3. Weird meats
    4. Eric Glennie
    teh cashmere guy

Derek was pretty unforgettable. Dont recall his exact username.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Derek was pretty unforgettable. Dont recall his exact username.

mt_spiffy?

15. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

so recently i just bought a giorgio armani t-shirt for around 400$usd (i actually paid full retail without discount for the first time on GA items..)

anyway here is the t-shirt

[​IMG]

i feel insecure if there is no hint of what brand of tshirt i am wearing, many other brands they sometimes give discreet and subtle hint of the brand however for Giorgio Armani there is not a single hint telling others what brand it is.. so i felt compelled to leave the logo hanging outside in order to let others aware of my t-shirts brand..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so do you think it would look weird if I purposely leave the label hanging outside like this

that seems like a really really dumb way to spend your money but that's not the topic at hand. Don't wear the tag out please, it'll make you look like a fool and it's just plain ostentatious. Instead you should focus on dealing with your insecurity about how people perceive you. If you're trying to look super ballin by showing off a $400 shirt it might just backfire.

16. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

mt_spiffy?

Spoo, your avatar=[​IMG] from gianni to hermes man, what a journey!

17. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

That is really sad. Unfortunately, it looks like he's being serious. He needs help, and he doesn't realize it.
    Oh I don't think he needs help, He enjoys what he likes. He's your typical probably nouveau riche Chinese alpha male. They're quite common in places like Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Hong Kong, Macau, Taipei, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, etc. I think Hermes Man is somewhat unusual though because he blogs about it in quite good English and in great depth. Brand whoring is absolutely endemic in this part of the world. Even the students at the local schools will often draw famous western designer luxury logos on their tracksuit school uniforms with laundry marker.

18. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

Hermes Man and Reevolving are my two favorite posters on SF. Also, does anyone else pronounce it "HER-meez" in their head when reading his posts? For some reason, I bet that's how he pronounces it, and I want to do him justice.

"Weird Meats" turned out to be MetroStyles, btw. Thought everyone knew that at this point. I mean, don't get me wrong; it was genius trolling. But he wasn't a real person, sadly.

19. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

So many different responses in my head, yet none of them come close to articulating my own internal response.
    Im sitting here cancelling everything I can, because I lost my job this week, and this kids biggest concern is to fip out the tag on a $400.00 tee shirt because his ego needs to display it??
    Its amazing how different some worlds are from others.

Hermes man....consider your self fortunate every time you wear this shirt and flip out the tag....just think of all the folks (most people in the world) that do not have the opportunity to ever buy a $400.00 TEE SHIRT when you flip the tag out to satiate your fragile ego.

20. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

mt_spiffy?

Spiff started out as a troll but warmed the hearts of the fora with his unshakable sense of style. My personal fave was when he tied 3 neckties together. The knot was the size of a gorilla fist.