• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leave-in conditioners

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone here have a leave-in conditioner that they like and recommend? has anyone tried the american crew version?

thanks.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I don't know if it's technically classified "leave in" but I use a pea sized drop of Kiehl's conditioner before wax/gel/whatever. Works nicely.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aveda Elixir Leave-on Conditioner

atroopan

Reaction score
I use pure jojoba oil - small sized drop - adds some sheen i find plus it doesn't have any whacky chemicals. Actually my favorite moisturizer is also the same thing - jojoba or coconut oil works well. If you're really hardcore - try emu oil !

troop

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
I don't know if it's technically classified "leave in" but I use a pea sized drop of Kiehl's conditioner before wax/gel/whatever. Works nicely.
Originally Posted by atroopan
I use pure jojoba oil - small sized drop - adds some sheen i find plus it doesn't have any whacky chemicals. Actually my favorite moisturizer is also the same thing - jojoba or coconut oil works well. If you're really hardcore - try emu oil !
i've never understood how can get a pea sized drop of anything to cover my entire head of hair. you guys must be geniuses.

Originally Posted by johnapril
Aveda Elixir Leave-on Conditioner
i'll try this. thanks.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
The pea has gotten bigger as my hair has gotten longer. Now it's a genetically modified superfreak pea...but still not the size of a lima bean.

Actually, I'm amazed at what a difference not having a #1 on the sides has made. Easily twice as much shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, everything. Plus it's a lot harder to roll out of bed and fake it if you don't want to take the time to get your hair in place. I'm not about to go back or anything, it's a small price to pay.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Actually, I'm amazed at what a difference not having a #1 on the sides has made. Easily twice as much shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, everything. Plus it's a lot harder to roll out of bed and fake it if you don't want to take the time to get your hair in place. I'm not about to go back or anything, it's a small price to pay.

DO IT! #1 all over.

devil.gif

atroopan

Reaction score
It's oil dude - it will spread on your hands and then you run your hands through wet hair and spread as best as possible. Less is more with any oil - unless you wanna look like you just had a lube job.

troop

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Jealous that you don't have scars on your scalp, mostly.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
If I did, you could be damn sure I'd be showing them off. "This one was from a feisty sniper. He wasn't as good as I was."

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
If I did, you could be damn sure I'd be showing them off. "This one was from a feisty sniper. He wasn't as good as I was."

That's pretty much my only option, actually. I usually tell people the truth (surgery) if they ask, but I've made up stories in bars before, when I got tired of talking to the person. "Yeah, bar fight at this Hell's Angels place in Buffalo a couple years back."

sam

Reaction score
Bumble and Bumble Leave-In Conditioner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads