1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather soles and rain

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fanthom, Apr 29, 2002.

1. gary3594

gary3594 Active Member

+1 Topied soles when it's wet...or not. I also have a bright yellow pair of Swims but I feel like they get a lot of attention that sometimes I don't care for. I wanted brown but they didn't have my size in brown so the SA talked me into yellow as it's a "classic" raingear color. Do I need to mention that she was a beautiful and leggy asian woman with a pixie haircut wearing a short skirt?

I looking for some SWIMS. What store did you purchase yours from?

2. Nick V.

Nick V. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I looking for some SWIMS. What store did you purchase yours from?

Don't know where you are from, Allen Edmonds stores carry them.

3. vincerich

vincerich Senior member

Sometimes we forget what shoes are made for..

I'm glad that someone said this before I was able to start typing my message. It takes a real clothing forum geek to cry about his shoes being wet in the rain...Relax. They're shoes not new-borns.

4. epa

epa Senior member

Hi.

Do you wear shoes with leather soles outside when it is raining and/or wet on the ground? Apart from getting your feet wet, will this damage the soles/shoes?

Marcus

I also put topys on.
    But I prefer not to wear my nicest shoes when it rains, mainly to save the nice uppers. I have some reasonably nice suede shoes (Carmina; one pair with rubber soles, that I use in winter) and ankle boots (Santoni) that seem to stand rain well. I try to use them on especially rainy days. Some types of suede seem to stand rain very well.

5. SuitMyself

SuitMyself Senior member

6. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

I'll give you $100 if you walk and sing in the rain wearing your nicest suit and nicest dress shoes.
    Small timer. Regards.

7. offline

offline Member

I was discussing this topic with the salesman at Edward Green just last Friday, noting that EGs are by far my slipperiest shoes on frequently wet London pavement. (Perhaps because their leather is very hard and stiff.)

He balked at the idea of adding topies.

8. SuitMyself

SuitMyself Senior member

I'll give you $100 if you walk and sing in the rain wearing your nicest suit and nicest dress shoes.

Small timer.

Regards.

How about $100 plus a free rental coupon from Blockbuster Video? And, if you're late in returning your rental, I'll even pay your late fees for you.

1 person likes this.