• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather repair on Seraphin coat on ebay

Tuscan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

There is this Seraphin leather jacket on ebay (I am sure some of you must have seen it).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It has a few very bad cuts. I know nothing about leather repair and was wondering if such damage could be fixed in any decent way or if it is beyond repair.
The cuts are in very visible areas too.

Thanks a lot for your expertise!

Tuscan

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that coat has had it. If the leather wasn't so smooth you may have been able to get it repaired and not notice it too much but with that kind of texture - I think you're out of luck.

You could make the coat shorter (by one pelt) and use the off-cuts to make an elbow pad (a'la Cucinelli) to cover the rip on the arm but you'd have to be *very* creative to do anything about the damage on the front.

Tuscan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the answer.
This was my feeling. The cuts are in very visible places and quite substantial

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently the life of a pimp is no bed of roses.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.