• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Motorcycle Jacket, Bomber Jacket, Sheepskin shearling lining and horsehide/steerhide shell,

Status
Not open for further replies.

guygardner

Reaction score
FREE SHIPPING in Canada and Continental USA!

This is the strongest, warmest and heaviest leather jacket I have ever held. The man who sold it to me was adamant that the shell is horsehide. I can't be sure, but it feels like either horsehide or steerhide/cowhide. It is very strong and thick. The color is one of the nicest I have ever seen-a very dark brown with a warm brown patina developing along the edges and collar. Leather is in excellent condition, there is no cracking, only creasing where it should be and a nice patina and grain.

The inside chest and back lining is real sheepskin shearling! This makes the jacket thicker, heavier and much warmer. It is very rare to find a jacket with a sheepskin shearling lining that isn't made entirely of sheepskin. This jacket was probably very expensive brand new. I am guessing the date to be from the late 1960s to early 1970s.

Jacket has hidden storm cuffs for added warmth and wind resistance. Jacket has 2 handwarmer pockets and two flap pockets. The only flaw I found was that the jacket is missing part of the bottom snap on the front storm flap (see photo). This is easy to replace using a snap replacement kit from amazon or ebay, or by a tailor. The storm flap stays in place though, so you don't really need to use the bottom snap anyways.

The jacket was made by "Natural Comfort New York" and is tagged a size 38. The jacket has been cleaned and the leather has been conditioned with Pecard's leather conditioner and is ready to go. The model in the photos is 5'7 and 165 lbs and the jacket fits perfectly. Get it while you can, you won't see another one like this.

Measurements

Shoulder to shoulder: 18 inches
Pit to pit across chest: 20.5 inches
Shoulder to end of sleeve cuff: 24.5 inches
Length back and bottom of collar to hem: 24 inches

Click here for more photos and for more details.

I ship worldwide, please contact me if you live outside of Canada or the Cont. USA.

Attachments

• il_fullxfull-3.jpeg
    il_fullxfull-3.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 122
  • il_fullxfull-4.jpeg
    il_fullxfull-4.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 104
  • il_fullxfull-5.jpeg
    il_fullxfull-5.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads