1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather jackets

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by j, May 3, 2004.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Jeans are cool - who cares if Guitar Wolf is over. Leather pants, only if you are super duper cool. I couldn't do it.

2. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Leather pants are only for wear onstage, in my book. Since I'm not a rockstar, I don't have occasion to wear them. As streetwear - highly questionable.

Love the jacket. I've been wanting a cafe racer for a while now.

3. j

j Senior member Admin

1. I don't smile. At most I smirk.
    2. I am smirking in the picture.
    3. I kinda do look like I could be part of a boy-band, except that the scars on my face, along with my cheeky-asshole look disqualify me.
    4. I never put more "product" in my hair than that. If I did it would be dangerous.
    5. You're banned.

How do you like me the lamb now?.

I wore The Jacket out to a bar last night with a black Gap "hoodie" under it, 517s and my Carolina jump boots. I thought it might be too much, and/or I might be subject to ridicule (especially since it looks almost brand new), but it was fine. I even got the nod (down-nod) from a punk rocker guy who was in there in a lightly studded Schott jacket. I like this thing; I could easily see getting addicted to leather jackets. When I get it broken in more and after Japan, I am going to send it in to have a double zipper put in because when i sit the bottom front jams into my junk and makes the front ride up - bad if I actually ride a bike with it on, and possibly a front zippered "gun pocket".

FYI, The guy where I bought it told me that Vanson will put front pockets into a pocketless model like the Comet for something like 30 a side, which seems insanely cheap to me. They also do full custom for not a whole lot more money than this one cost.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

A friend of mine has the Guitar Wolf jeans. I haven't seen him since he's bought the jeans, so I dont know how they fit IRL. I was thinking about getting a pair but they look a little too high-rise, full-cut for me. I love GW but I just can't imagine myself wearing them exclusively like I would want. ringring, compare them to 1947 Levi's, will you? [​IMG]

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

6. j

j Senior member Admin

Sorry, I missed this. Yeah, it's a little longer in the back, and more importantly the jacket is longer overall than most of the cafe racer style jackets are. I tried on a Comet model and it was much shorter.

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

That is so wrong...ugh. Never do that again.

8. ringring

ringring Senior member

The Wolfs are looser through the leg than LVC 47s. They aren't high rise. Just a 'regular' fit. A bit like a straight leg Reg Ralph (similar length rise). Loads of nice details.

9. j

j Senior member Admin

(shoreman1782 @ April 29 2005,12:49) Morrissey?

[​IMG]
    That is so wrong...ugh. Never do that again.
    Ouch. Shoreman, need I bring up your track jacket picture and subject it to comparisons? Or perhaps the boardroom pic?

You guys are never getting a full picture of me. No matter what it looked like, I'd never live it down. [​IMG]

10. j

j Senior member Admin

Any idea if I can take a look at them in person in Japan? If so, where? Thanks for the info, I really like those.

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Uh, no. Â [​IMG] Hey, Morrissey's a cool guy, who's to say it's not a compliment? That is a badass jacket, and Morrissey could not pull it off. He'd prefer a denim jacket with a big iron-on picture of himself on the back.

12. ownerz

ownerz New Member

13. oliverjack47

oliverjack47 New Member

14. PrestigeLeather

PrestigeLeather Member

Coat fur Prestige leather: number 1 on leather sale and fur.

Prestige Leather invites you to discover its collection of coats of fur.

The fur is the trendy accessory to be had! Find the coat of fur which corresponds to you among a wide range of clothes of fur of irreproachable quality.

We selected for you a range of coats of fur for high- quality for women (coat of fur fox, mink and rabbit).

Our clothes and the accessories of furs are made from foxes, minks or alpacas and they are high- end. We offer you coats of fur which will bring you satisfaction for numerous years. The care brought to the finish of clothes and accessories of fur, selected by Prestige Leather testifies our knowledge.

All our coats of fur on www.prestigecuir.fr, number 1 of the leather sale and quality fur! Consult our website in English: www.prestigecuir.fr/en

15. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

What the..leather jacket spam?

16. Samuel Marth

Samuel Marth New Member

What about these Jackets ?? I bought it from online store and having these jackets I am very satisfied .....

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Any suggestions for a light leather jacket similar to the Schott 654 but with a regular collar instead of a snap collar? Would really appreciate some recommendations.

[​IMG]

18. jenniferanderso

jenniferanderso New Member

Hi guys I have been reading the forum so I want to tell that there is a site where you all can find leather jackets in good prices and with best quality I ordered one and its of the finest quality leather, you guys can also get a good one from their site, link is: http://www.getmyleather.com/

19. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

If you are buying a leather jacket to look cool, any of the previous mentioned jackets will fit the bill.

However, if you really are going to get yourself a motorcycle, take the MSF beginner rider course, please, before you end up dead.

Also, if a "motorcycle" jacket does not have armor in it, it is a FASHION statement, NOT a piece of legitimate safety gear, regardless of the weight of the leather.

Here is the jacket I wear when I choose leather:

http://britishmotorcyclegear.com/jackets/montana-jacket.html

If you are going to get a jacket for riding, get one with CE approved shoulder and elbow armor, and a CE approved backpad. A CE approved chest protector would be good too, although not as readily available.

If you want to know anything else about what to wear when you ride to stay alive in the event of a crash, I can point you in the right direction. If you want a jacket just for fashion, then I've no doubt that you are in far, far better hands than mine on this forum.

Good luck and think twice about getting a motorcycle. If you don't already ride, it's a bad habit to start, IMO.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.