1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather jackets

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ernest

ernest Senior member

I have the same jacket and plan to buy the Easy Rider. I hesitate on the size as mine is 42 but too large on the chest but just on the waits. I asked about the diffence of sizing to Schot, waiting for their reply. Does anyone know where to buy this jacket cheaper than on this site? It is very strong and versatile. Buy it.

2. Mike

Mike Senior member

The cafe racer motorcycle was a motorcycle built with parts from two different bikes. Someone might use a Norton engine on a Triumph frame or something. It was a British thing, back in the 50s, when the kids who did it didn't have the kind of money to buy a new bike. Mods vs. Greasers, Quadrophenia thing. I saw a thing on TV about it where guys would take their heavily souped up cafe racers and put a song on the jukebox. They then would have to race up to a certain landmark and back before the song was over. So, figure 2 minutes on average. Needless to say they had to go very, very fast.

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I recomend that you check out the cafe racer jackets at Aero Most styles are quite expensive, but they have a special on the black buffalo, I think they're about 175 GPB. If you haven't seen buffalo hide, I can tell you it's amazing. Very thick and seemingly bulletproof, but soft and flexible enough to mold to your body like a second skin. I have a friend here in L.A. that makes custom leather jackets in the style of the "East West Musical Instruments" jackets from the late 1960's (a cult brand collected in vintage clothing circles that you can see on ebay sometimes). He actually has a big collection of the original East West jackets, some of which were made in buffalo, and he also makes some of his new jackets with new buffalo hides. I tried on some of these jackets, and they felt and looked incredible. He made me a jacket last summer in navy blue steer - I like my jacket, but I still regret that I didn't get it done in buffalo.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'm moving this to Streetwear. If motorcycles don't belong on the street, I don't know what does. Besides, I want the honor of having an ernest inhabited thread in that forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.