1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ChrisGold, Sep 2, 2015.

1. PalomasTicas

PalomasTicas Member

Anybody from Scotland here has visited the Aero factory?

2. Terminator

Terminator Senior member

Also been window shopping Aero for a while now so subscribing to this thread

1 person likes this.
  3. MarkinNYC

MarkinNYC Active Member

the fit is perfect!

4. broken_oracle

broken_oracle Senior member

You and me both. Have my eye on the 1920s Work Coat. Saw one in 38 for about 30 seconds on eBay last weekend that had an inside pocket, something I thought wasn't permitted as an option on that jacket. Naturally it disappeared instantly. Love that they've brought out higher armholes & a slimmer fit with the "Premier Range," but dammit I need somewhere to put this smartphone - gimme those inside chest pockets! Interestingly, that eBay jacket had the inside pocket fastened with a loop & button, which might alleviate the horsehide show-thru snaps always cause.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

seconding this - let's see some beat-up leathers too!!

by the way, that Aero FQHH looks perfect...

6. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

From another board:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. broken_oracle

Nice! Do you know which of the Aero/Horween horsehides that is? Brown FQHH? Or a super-worn Black?

8. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I believe it's supposed to be 25 year old black HH.

1 person likes this.
  9. mildundklar

mildundklar Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I'm about to make another leather jacket purchase and you might be able to help me. I'm a pretty lonely guy in Sweden with this particular interest...

My recent purchase was a RRL Morrow in vegetable tanned calf from Italy. A great jacket, that fits perfect - but it's not it.

I've always looked at The Real McCoys and their leather work. The 30's style leather jacket with collar, the pockets and the side-adjusters. And The Real McCoys... The feeling is good about it and I like their leather work and this was/is my dreamjacket, The Real McCoys Oklahoma in deerskin.:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://www.superdenim.com/eu/30-s-oklahoma-sports-jacket-deerskin.html

The pricing is high, but you get what you pay for, right? Hmm, not always, but in this case it seems fine. I didn't pay full retail for my Morrow, thank g*d.

Here's my question:

I want a leather jacket that works in Sweden during spring, summer and atumn. Think +3 to +15 degrees. I will layer thin, t-shirt or a casual shirt. But here's the thing. I know what I want - but I don't know what it is... The knowledge and range in Sweden isn't top notch when it comes to leathers and I havn't been able to try any decent leather jackets... I don't need anything bulletproff - since I don't even ride a bike.

The Real McCoys even have a similar jacket in Shinki FQHH in brown and black. This particular one:

[​IMG]

https://www.superdenim.com/eu/steinbeck-sports-jacket.html

What can you guys say and recommend? Will a FQHH be a bit overkill?

My wallet is thin - but this time I feel like... spare no expense! I just want it right.

Take care!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  10. broken_oracle

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    2 people like this.
  11. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

12. mildundklar

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

I'm usually a size M/40/50.

13. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

The one I have will be too big for you, but I will include a pic or two so you can see what else might be out there. It's a Goodwear/Himel Bros collaboration, a classic 1930s style "Californian" half belt.

You should check out the outlet/sale pages of both Aero and Simmons Bilt, which often have nice jackets available. I see right now there is a really nice 1930s (slim cut) Highwayman on the Aero page in size 40 that might fit your needs. And a VERY affordable Arkansas in size 40 on the Simmons Bilt page:

http://aeroleatherclothing.com/products.php?cat=salerv

http://www.simmonsbilt.com/sale.html

You could also check out the Classifieds page on the Fedora Lounge, where really nice, slightly used jackets show up quite frequently:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/forums/classifieds.15/

Here is my Goodwear, just for info:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. mildundklar

Thanx again!

Short answer, I'm at work...

I decided to pull the trigger on the black Real McCoys Steinbeck - unfortunately it was not in stock... The brown still is and the brown was my first choice. I'm brown eyed and brown hair and my brown fits my wardrobe best - for now (I have a brown RRL).

Just put the RRL up buy & sell...

15. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Right on. It also occurred to me: Not sure how close you are to Copenhagen, but Brund there has a nice Simmons Bilt Roadster in stock:

https://brund.dk/products/simmons-bilt-roadster-black

16. mildundklar

Sweet!

I'm close to Copenhagen. Gonna look in to that after my shift!

17. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Why not just get an Aero Half-belt or Highwayman?

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/

18. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

So this is potentially the end result of black dyed CXL FQHH? I'm very intrigued by the black-fade-to-brown phenomenon, though if it takes 25 years I will be on to some other obsession. Noted this Addict version of the black-to-brown; [​IMG] And on a fairly different theme, saw High Large Leathers in the Standard & Strange Instagram feed and I'm taken with this: [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    2 people like this.
  19. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

The Addict Clothes black to brown fades (only on lambskin) happens much quicker - you can likely start to see high-abrasion areas turning color after a season or two of wear. It's quite cool

1 person likes this.
  20. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

In the process of ordering a board racer. Hanging out lads. Going for Vicenza Russet, like this.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.