Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ChrisGold, Sep 2, 2015.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

lol, I guess the bright side is that at least it doesn't make me look like a large breasted woman..

2. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Yeah, I also thought it sounded strange. I mean, there surely must be other tanneries out there that can supply cowhide to the same specs as the regular tannery they have used?

Regarding the criticism of LLs leather. I know that @LA Guy has mentioned this previously, without going in to any detail. However, after trying to briefly read up on the subject a few weeks ago, I couldn't find anything at all that seemed relevant. What I did find though were lots of threads where people were raving about LLs quality in general. I'd love to hear what this supposed criticism is about.

3. warriortree

warriortree Well-Known Member

Here my goatskin schott jacket just received

[​IMG]

I have to goto the tailor because the sleeves are too big for a smurf like me LOL

Enviado desde mi zapato con Tapatalk

4. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Came across this awesome J100 repro on Aeros website. Didn't know they did Buco replicas. Anyhow, looks great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. goodkareem

goodkareem Active Member

Balenciaga White Calf Bomber

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Acne Oliver 09 Lamb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Alessandari New York Lamb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just threw on a white undershirt. I know i know its too tight. Mostly would wear these with various denim but the white one I have worn with black trousers and a black tie and it looked great.

6. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

The Board Racer can be ordered with the regular kidney panel like mine, or in full blown "Buco" style like this one. It's a great option as it's already a nice trim pattern.

7. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

I wanted to hate the white bomber but I think because it's got such nice deep grain to it, I don't. Nice collection, thanks for sharing.

8. goodkareem

goodkareem Active Member

Yea for some reason the white bomber is making me look huge. Im about 6ft 205 so def not slim but it looks better half zipped. Thanks, im trying to hit three style levels. Still keeping my eye open for something in oxblood or whiskey but i have yet to decide on a style. Maybe one of the new toj minimalist double riders. Trying to score some saint laurent biker denim to go with the Alessadari one but its so expensive.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, you may like the whiskey leather and the double rider that I'm developing now...

You are, what, a size 42 or 44?

Cheers,

Fok.

10. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Ok, so I've heard so much about this one now, I'd really love to see some pictures. Any ETA for those?

11. goodkareem

goodkareem Active Member

I might be interested. When can i get a look at it? Oh and size 44.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

12. Justhandguns

Justhandguns Member

The Aero made Buco J100 was a one off collaboration between Thurston Bros and the Scottish maker. It was only sold in the States and Aero was not allowed to sell it locally in the UK with the Buco logo.

13. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

I don't think calling it a one off is accurate, because as of just recently, this was still available to order through Thurston, unless something changed very recently.

14. Justhandguns

Justhandguns Member

Well, I guess that is more like a custom order at the moment. As far as I know, they can only use the Buco label in North America, technically speaking, because Real McCoy Japan owns the brand name, not sure if it is only registered in Japan only. The other maker of Buco J100 is Diamond Mfg.

15. ChrisGold

ChrisGold Senior member

Toys McCoy owns the trademark to the Buco name for HELMETS ONLY. For jackets, t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc... the trademark is owned by Sean Kelly and is licensed to companies for their use. He may have territorial exclusivity in some of these agreements.

Aero jackets are almost always custom orders, the Buco label is an option on that particular model when it's spec'd out like a J-100.