• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
look like that coat on kenji is a vintage levis trucker. fwiw, you can find photos of that online, although i dont know how the fit may have changed over the years.

jtj48

Reaction score
Any chance I can get pics of this fit in normal lightning, with a natural poseand, without stone face and without sades?

Will you need him to smile ear-to-ear to decide whether his jacket looks alright or would a grin do?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will you need him to smile ear-to-ear to decide whether his jacket looks alright or would a grin do?

Hmm... Tough question. How about just a regular smile? I kinda like smiles. They make me happy and all warm and fuzzy inside.

Last edited:

skyfall

Reaction score
That's a cool jacket. What brand are those sunglasses?
Any chance I can get pics of this fit in normal lightning, with a natural pose, without stone face and without sades?

Contact bryceland's

look like that coat on kenji is a vintage levis trucker. fwiw, you can find photos of that online, although i dont know how the fit may have changed over the years.

Not sure if thats a vintage levis
I am guessing its a new himel collab in moose r/o they are releasing this winter

skyfall

Reaction score
Toys McCoy Elsinore

FB_IMG_1568985009757.jpg

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect length on that second one. IMO length is what kills a lot of FG jackets like the DRs.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree Falcon standard lengths are too long, but M2M has a very small upcharge so not a big deal! I have 4 Falcons actually.

And yes, length is perfect in that TF, looks phenomenal from behind as well, and length is one of the reasons IMO.

1C5F7B5A-7A4E-4271-A7FC-7F6F09E48208.jpeg

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two: One peacoat, one DR. Peacoat is perfect. The suggested measurements on the MTM DR is likely OK given the models posted in their IG and how the jacket sits lower on the hips is same as mine. Also apparent in a lot of user MTM posts. Then I got an Aeon tanker jacket from Rosen-X which is cropped. Gracia at Rosen is great at staying true to the jacket's origins. So much better when timeless jackets sit the way they did like how Marlon Brando wore his DR. But FG probably has to appeal to a wider market where most would prefer a streetwear -type sizing with longer length in the body and sleeves. Charly did say his measurements are all discretionary and is ultimately up to the customer to decide.

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It`s quality for the money vs. other comparable tech wear but with MTM. Wore it for all 1.5 months of fall that we had in Chicago. Get it cropped and w/ dropped shoulders like how it was modeled!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads