• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Shopping online makes it difficult to tell exactly how it'll fit.

I'm actually heading to San Francisco for my anniversary next weekend, any recommendations on local leather shops for a suede jacket?

I am leaving SF the week after for my anniversary, heheh.

Standard and Strange may be out of the way for you, not sure if you are going to Berkley, but Self Edge is in the heart of the mission and would be a fun place to visit. There is lots of good food and shops (idk if you've been to sf). Other than that there is lots of places to visit, lmk if you need some ideas.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could look at something like Lewis Leathers Bronx twin track. Joey Ramone approved, and you could get custom lengths if you're tall (and cheaper than Buco). Aero's mc jackets have the 50's style cut also. A vintage Hercules or something might be cool though.

The Aero stuff looks great plus that twin track is a sick looking jacket. If I can't find anything at the Rosebowl, I might have to go in that direction. Especially at the price, I could get two nice jackets over one new Buco.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Letters Concho jacket... can I wear this, or is it too Cowboy or whatever?

0qBwySr.jpg

sbxKqPr.jpg

boxdok

Reaction score
This Addict, Full Count collaboration is really nice. I am hoping a US stockist picks this up
67648700_457419511781060_661055651237758105_n(1).jpg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any details on that Addict jacket?

Been wearing my sheepskin Addict asymmetry jacket a bit as the weather allows and liking it with just a tee.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't they already have that jacket or a super similar one on their site?

The Full Count collabs are basically the regular jackets with VERY minor tweaks (lining color, zipper config, etc.), slightly different leather treatments or colors, and an extra $500 price tag

coloRLOw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very excited that purchase this aero today, but still have some questions about the details

1. what is the model name? cant find a exact style on aero site.

2. the seller said the lining is alpaca. is he right?

3. what is the type of the steerhide? the color is irregular if it helps.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lining looks like shearling. Aeros alpaca is more of a woven wool fabric and even fuzzy alpaca pile looks different from that AFAIK

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd check out Johnson Leathers. In SF.

I am leaving SF the week after for my anniversary, heheh.

Standard and Strange may be out of the way for you, not sure if you are going to Berkley, but Self Edge is in the heart of the mission and would be a fun place to visit. There is lots of good food and shops (idk if you've been to sf). Other than that there is lots of places to visit, lmk if you need some ideas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads