• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're all over on Grailed. Easy to find, just search for Margiela 5 Zip and look for the "M"s.

One of the heavy calf ones was previously mine. I found the leather a little flat and almost rubbery at first feel, but it's got some weight to it and might turn out great over time.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're all over on Grailed. Easy to find, just search for Margiela 5 Zip and look for the "M"s.

One of the heavy calf ones was previously mine. I found the leather a little flat and almost rubbery at first feel, but it's got some weight to it and might turn out great over time.

?

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Peter Fonda for this thread.

Nader393

Reaction score
Raced my vintage bikes this weekend, and crashed on one of them. The one in the foreground. I hate that bike! Anyhoo, it's an interesting study in leather quality and protection. I was wearing my custom-made Kangaroo one-piece suit I ordered from Australia. I have my doubts about it being Kangaroo, because I have some other Kangaroo leather and this doesn't feel like it, and I know for a fact the suit was actually made in Pakistan, despite being an Australian company.

It was an undramatic low side at about 40 miles an hour on a race track. The bike slipped out from under me in a turn and piroutted away from me, leaving me sliding first on my side then on ****** for about 30 feet on the asphalt before ending up in the dirt.

Tore up the stretch fabric part of the crotch (without damage to my junk), and tore some of he decorative seam on the hip. Though my skin didn't make contact with the pavement, I did get burned on my hip from the heat transfer. About 3 cm across. Bonus points for anyone who gets the "The Doctor" reference. (I'm not that fast, but I can get away with that, because I am one.)

For a comparison, I took a photo of one of my competitor's Vanson suit, which he crashed in similarly. Can hardly see the damage, and notice there aren't any seams or weak stretchy fabric to tear. The Vanson is heavier, but better. I think it'll be my next suit. I should have stuck to what I knew and had one from the start.

IMG_5958.jpg
IMG_5951.jpg
IMG_5952.jpg
IMG_5959.jpg

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raced my vintage bikes this weekend, and crashed on one of them. The one in the foreground. I hate that bike! Anyhoo, it's an interesting study in leather quality and protection. I was wearing my custom-made Kangaroo one-piece suit I ordered from Australia. I have my doubts about it being Kangaroo, because I have some other Kangaroo leather and this doesn't feel like it, and I know for a fact the suit was actually made in Pakistan, despite being an Australian company.

It was an undramatic low side at about 40 miles an hour on a race track. The bike slipped out from under me in a turn and piroutted away from me, leaving me sliding first on my side then on ****** for about 30 feet on the asphalt before ending up in the dirt.

Tore up the stretch fabric part of the crotch (without damage to my junk), and tore some of he decorative seam on the hip. Though my skin didn't make contact with the pavement, I did get burned on my hip from the heat transfer. About 3 cm across. Bonus points for anyone who gets the "The Doctor" reference. (I'm not that fast, but I can get away with that, because I am one.)

For a comparison, I took a photo of one of my competitor's Vanson suit, which he crashed in similarly. Can hardly see the damage, and notice there aren't any seams or weak stretchy fabric to tear. The Vanson is heavier, but better. I think it'll be my next suit. I should have stuck to what I knew and had one from the start.

View attachment 1226233 View attachment 1226234 View attachment 1226235 View attachment 1226236 View attachment 1226237

"Bonus points for anyone who gets the "The Doctor" reference."

Are you a proctologist, i.e., the...

assman.jpg

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what makes you think anyone wants to see a giant closeup of your butt and bruises, groce

Nader393

Reaction score
what makes you think anyone wants to see a giant closeup of your butt and bruises, groce

That was the side of my thigh. Too much? I'll delete it.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1226233 View attachment 1226234 View attachment 1226235 View attachment 1226237

I wear my leather jacket to sit and type up reports

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear my leather jacket to sit and type up reports

Seated typing can inadvertently diminish one's personal brand story. Only a stand up desk for me.

@Lane may have a point, forum rules dictate giant butt closeups be no larger than 600 pixels on the long side.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1226233 View attachment 1226234 View attachment 1226235 View attachment 1226237
Valentino Rossi don't wear no off-brand leathers...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads