• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nader393

Reaction score
And what's going to happen to the lining, when the leather shrinks, but the lining stays the same?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather shrank too much, and got stiff as a board.

From the wash or the dryer? Did you put them in with anything else and how long/heat?

Nader393

Reaction score
It was warm/hot water, no dryer. If I ever made another attempt at shrinking leather, specifically, shoes, I would use a steamer.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with something like gloves i probably would've worn until dry or found a way to block dry

Reaction score
Hey everyone I've been lurking this thread and ended up placing a custom order for an Aero board racer from Thurston bros. I have a slim yet muscular T- shaped frame and It's been a daunting process trying to find a jacket with the features I want and one that fits me well. I got this fit jacket in and wanted to hear some opinions on the fit in the upper body (I can get the waist tapered). I'm worried its a little tight and should have gone with the wider cafe racer model.

Attachments

• IMG_8088.PNG
    IMG_8088.PNG
    535.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8089 2.PNG
    IMG_8089 2.PNG
    483.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_8091.PNG
    IMG_8091.PNG
    453.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8092.PNG
    IMG_8092.PNG
    438.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_8093.PNG
    IMG_8093.PNG
    623.7 KB · Views: 129

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do you think it will be fine after stretch and break in or should I go for a different model (which could end up being too roomy for my liking)?

I dont know, tbh. I would just try on different models, but only ones I can return. Then just see which looks best.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i feel like it will break in really well all-in-all but maybe a bit tight under the arms

Reaction score
The shoulders are way too tight, I recommend against that fit cuz if it bothers you now it will not be worn
Are you saying that because the shoulder seams don't line up with my shoulders? My shoulders aren't a right angle but more of a half circle shape from lifting weights so I'm not even sure if I should want the seams to end completely at the end of the muscle or where the bone/joint is. It's a bit tight in the armpits but otherwise feels ok. Kinda conflicted because I have some people telling me it looks too tight and others saying it will mold and stretch, I could go with the cafe racer instead but theres a chance it might be too big in some spots.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you saying that because the shoulder seams don't line up with my shoulders? My shoulders aren't a right angle but more of a half circle shape from lifting weights so I'm not even sure if I should want the seams to end completely at the end of the muscle or where the bone/joint is. It's a bit tight in the armpits but otherwise feels ok. Kinda conflicted because I have some people telling me it looks too tight and others saying it will mold and stretch, I could go with the cafe racer instead but theres a chance it might be too big in some spots.

It looks like that jacket is holding up your back cuz the shoulders are so snug. Just get shoulder gussets and add a little you’ll be fine

Reaction score
It looks like that jacket is holding up your back cuz the shoulders are so snug. Just get shoulder gussets and add a little you’ll be fine
I'll consider the gussets but unfortunately they can't change the shoulders or chest measurements, they can only customize the sleeve/body length and take in the waist on stock pattern sizes.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll consider the gussets but unfortunately they can't change the shoulders or chest measurements, they can only customize the sleeve/body length and take in the waist on stock pattern sizes.

Try the cafe racer then.

Why can’t they adjust shoulders, that’s odd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads