• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking further, I like it a bit better in Sophnet's own shots, but maybe it's just a little bleh?

soph_190051.jpg

My guess is it'll probably look decent in a lot of fits, great in a couple, but is probably the best choice for few.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Only way to beat the 5 zip is to make a 6 zip.

I don't really care for this, though. It may be partly the direct flash or the fit pic, all the zippers, the way the "belt" section seems wider on the left than the right (in multiple pics).

┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) It's because he's
┳┻| ⊂ノ wearing it closed
┻┳|

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what dyeing process is used for Margiela calfskin and if it will darken with wear? I got an unworn burgundy 5 zip from 2012 recently and I really wish it were a few shades darker and with more reddish tones.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what dyeing process is used for Margiela calfskin and if it will darken with wear? I got an unworn burgundy 5 zip from 2012 recently and I really wish it were a few shades darker and with more reddish tones.

The process is selling it to me/swapping for my Schneider wares

Imyouricecreamman

Reaction score
I have a jacket in burgundy horsehide which sat in the shop as a test jacket for a couple of years and that has darkened significantly with time as it's much lighter in color under the collar and on the inside panels. There are a couple of japanese makers who dye or even paint the jackets with great results.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The process is selling it to me/swapping for my Schneider wares
It’s actually less saturated in color, more purple, much less red than the photo I posted in the recent purchases thread. Gonna drop by a leather guy and see what can be done or test a bit of conditioner on the inside.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s actually less saturated in color, more purple, much less red than the photo I posted in the recent purchases thread. Gonna drop by a leather guy and see what can be done or test a bit of conditioner on the inside.

I'm getting ready to wash my zam to shrink it

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads