• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RXS09
You put to bed ANY hesitation I had about an Aero BR. That's now my next leather, no questions asked. What's CQHH and where did you order that one from?

I wish Addict's horse wasn't so darn shiny. But I guess they've got sheep for that.

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RXS09
You put to bed ANY hesitation I had about an Aero BR. That's now my next leather, no questions asked. What's CQHH and where did you order that one from?

I wish Addict's horse wasn't so darn shiny. But I guess they've got sheep for that.

Thanks man! It's a great jacket. Did I write "CQHH"? My mistake if so, should be "FQHH", which stands for front quarter horsehide. I custom ordered mine through Thurston

Bene- You could probably custom order this through Thurston without the chest pockets

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look into it. How much does that topically run?

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look into it. How much does that topically run?
I don’t remember the exact cost at this point, I think it was around 1100 with the customizations I made for mine

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting limited edition CR from Schott, Vintaged Steerhide Black Leather Cafe Racer Motorcycle Jacket STYLE: CAF1

Looks like a J-100. If unwilling to cough up the dough for a RMC, Himel, Aero BR, etc. this could be a viable option. Wonder what the leather feels like? Heavy, washed steerhide per the description. Found some pics from a former run and the leather looks beautifully grainy. And much like the original Buco J100, it's designed to fit a bit long.

schott_caf1a.jpg

We've resurrected the original washed heavyweight cafe racer. Based on an over 50 year old model, this jacket is as tough as they come.

This jacket means business. It is heavy and although washed to begin the break in period, it will be incredible with extended wear. We've only made 45 of these, so grab yours before they are gone for good.

• Super Heavyweight Steerhide (1.4-1.6mm thickness)
  • Bi-Swing Back
  • Slim Fitting
  • 2 Zippered Chest Pockets and 1 Inside Pocket
  • Talon Front Zipper
  • Cotton Plaid Lining
  • Limited Edition
  • U.S.A.
    Free shipping for all orders over $100 within the continental USA and APO.

schott_caf1.jpg
schott_caf1c.jpg
schott_caf1d.jpg

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can confirm what @nicelynice said the JG is kind of dry which I found odd and Addict is more like the horse most makes use that has a sheen to it.

The horse I have from JG (from NMWA) is a washed horsehide, which is what makes it different from what you’re used to.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads