• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahh gotcha, I was into the thrash scene in the bay, naturally for the bay i guess.

Re blue rider, dude that thing is dope and i probably will have to get one eventually as well.

I was super into carcass, death, morbid angel, paradise lost and similar bands for a while. I used to be a regular contributor to a private metal tracker

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was super into carcass, death, morbid angel, paradise lost and similar bands for a while. I used to be a regular contributor to a private metal tracker

i think you and @Callusing are into way more extreme stuff than I. i know all those bands, not my cup of tea though. Machine Head / Slayer is as heavy as i go.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Flat Head is transitioning into a new brand. They're going to start only making lightweight lambskin cafe racers with a zipper gap at the bottom.

:lol: The fact that you remember all the things that i am not a fan of for a leather jacket is flattering.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Build quality and the goat skin suede both feel fantastic, also has a wool herringbone lighter which I didn't realize when purchasing, makes its a perfect jacket for warmer winter days or as the seasons change. For well under $600 I think it's an absolute steal.

Anyway, the L feels slightly more comfortable, but wearing it makes me feel like i'm borrowing my older brothers jacket and trying to be cool, whilst the M is just a touch snug in the shoulders, but I do think it will stretch a touch. Ideally it would be perfect if the M had an extra inch in both length and shoulders.

First 2 are M, last 2 are L
fxv0C8q.jpg
MXyIfUn.jpg
1H4pPk5.jpg
i1Htl05.jpg
If it were me, I'd choose the L, but at the same time,
preferred fit is very subjective, and it's not as though the medium is awful or even bad. Not so long ago, the M would have been the preferred fit on this forum,. but the trend has moved to more relaxed fits in the past few years (though I inexplicably wore my "truth" jeans for a lazy Saturday when I am eating a calzone - at least I did heavy cardio this morning, I guess). I think that you ought to keep the one that you personally like more, which seems from your post to be the medium. A lot of guys have let their internet peers talk them into decisions that keep their clothes from being worn, which is a real waste.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
To me it has little to do with slim vs. relaxed fit. The M looks too small in the shoulders, and by consequence shorter in the sleeves... two things I wouldn't think you'd want in a DR. The L looks like a jacket that fits.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Build quality and the goat skin suede both feel fantastic, also has a wool herringbone lighter which I didn't realize when purchasing, makes its a perfect jacket for warmer winter days or as the seasons change. For well under $600 I think it's an absolute steal.

Anyway, the L feels slightly more comfortable, but wearing it makes me feel like i'm borrowing my older brothers jacket and trying to be cool, whilst the M is just a touch snug in the shoulders, but I do think it will stretch a touch. Ideally it would be perfect if the M had an extra inch in both length and shoulders.

First 2 are M, last 2 are L
fxv0C8q.jpg
MXyIfUn.jpg
1H4pPk5.jpg
i1Htl05.jpg
L looks visibly better but M looks less tight than the first few photos.

your whiteboard says creatine + protein everyday. if you are bulking please go L. if you are on a weight loss regimen provided ur successful, then M might be an option if you can see your future self look good in it.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The M looks ridiculous. The L looks ... meh. Return them both.

And yes, I'm aware I was in your same position a few months ago trying to force myself (and the forum) to believe a smaller-than-ideal fit DR worked. it didn't. And yours doesn't.

I don't like the drape of the L either. It looks weird. Square shoulders, huge lapels, not enough casual revealing of the shirt underneath.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L looks visibly better but M looks less tight than the first few photos.

your whiteboard says creatine + protein everyday. if you are bulking please go L. if you are on a weight loss regimen provided ur successful, then M might be an option if you can see your future self look good in it.

Hah, yeah doing a little mini bulk.

Thanks for all the input gentleman, after wearing both of them around the house a bit, the L is definitely more comfortable, I just dont fill out the shoulders quite as much as i'd like, and the M just feels a touch too tight all around. I really like the jacket, so i'm just going to hang onto both for the moment and see what happens. I wouldn't wear this jacket above 50 degrees anyway, and NY won't be that cold again consistently for the better part of half a year, so i'ma stick them in the back of my closet and see what shape i'm in come October/November. My younger brother already called dibs on the M haha.

JSAN

Reaction score
L for body, both look bad in the sleeves; especially the armholes.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has MMM leathers in size 50 for sale hit me up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads