• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys are really out here wearing gothic ninja pants and hobo hippie space cowboy shoes talking about how a western yoke is hard to wear

This is one example that came up first on Google search for "hobo hippie space cowboy" I gotta see some of you cats rocking these with your white Micheal Jackson leather jackets...

rthir2056810376_q6_2-0._UX357_QL90_.jpg

https://www.shopbop.com/mid-straight-cowboy-boot-denim/vp/v=1/1584067294.htm

NorthCoast

Reaction score
What did you order? Natural vicenza or natural cxl fqhh?

Natural Vicenza

It's basically this, with buttons on the sleeves vs. the straps.

screen-shot-2017-04-10-at-3-50-56-pm-jpg[1].jpg

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can update this - everything is sold!! Got sick of "artisanal" stuff and moved on to more traditional leather jackets. What's next? Thinking about something in tan suede...

Tellure, thanks for sharing your journey!! Actually, really like that Valentino jacket on you..

Y'all ready for some sad history?? I can't even believe I even owned all these...
I recently decided that the most leather jackets I need is 3 and actually I've only been wearing two (Rick stooges and Layer-0) recently.

Jacket #1 Rick Intarsia -> Sold, wanted something cooler. Felt too much like a leather track jacket. Was a college student and couldn't afford to keep it and buy another jacket.

eIx5gzR.jpg

Jacket #2 Rick Stooges -> Success story of this post. Love it and still wear it, shortened the sleeves. Amazing jacket, soft washed lamb that is easy to wear.

W5TXx3h.jpg

Jacket #3 Julius Red riders -> Got a good deal on it. Wore it for a bit but slightly too small on me.

qfaVlSG.jpg

Jacket #4 Dior 4-pocket -> Loved it and wore it for quite awhile. Only sold recently when I made myself pare down to 3.

iB5nn7H.jpg

Jacket #5 Rick mid-intarsia -> One of the best Intarsia, thick textured lambs. Sold it during a move.

ZTQgonP.jpg

Jacket #6 KK Attachment German calf riders -> Loved it, just had to choose between this and the Stooges and I kept the Stooges.

HzgZrBu.jpg

Jacket #7 WJK horse -> Great jacket, but soooo heavy. I would just never wear it because it felt like lugging around too much.

GnLaxdb.jpg

Jacket #8 WJK carpe diem baby calf -> Screwed up the sizing, jacket is boring anyways, cut is too tight.

2UMtrXa.jpg

Jacket #9 Incarnation -> Great jacket and great color, too small for me.

VP0BtQH.jpg

Jacket #10 Visvim -> Belt made a clanking sound when I walked.

c31ALTY.jpg

Jacket #11 5-zip -> Great jacket. I keep it so I can match with my wife and we can have cute dates :)

re4Zk7L.jpg

Jacket #12 Rick Geo -> Neck looks stupid

OrCxS1n.jpg

Jacket #13 Rick Sternberg -> Missed my Intarsia, got this cheap, realized I didn't need it at all.

qbaBTHU.jpg

Jacket #14 Incarnation -> Sold after getting Layer-0, still wish I kept it for a little longer and wore it more.

1y2a9DD.jpg

Jacket #15 Layer-0 -> My favorite jacket and the one that inspired me to sell a lot of other jackets. Wear it most days now, actually, it's breaking in so nicely.

1f2a8Mg.jpg

Jacket #16 CCP Scarstitch -> Not as nice as the Layer-0, didn't need both.

me8GYrx.jpg

WHEW!! I don't know what's next. I can't imagine anything replacing the Layer-0 anytime soon.
sf_1hunnit.jpg

Jacket #17 - Addict Clothes horse DR

TkU7ah9.jpg

Jacket #18 - Addict Clothes sheep single riders
Afv8sLv.jpg

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can update this - everything is sold!! Got sick of "artisanal" stuff and moved on to more traditional leather jackets. What's next? Thinking about something in tan suede...

Jacket #17 - Addict Clothes horse DR

TkU7ah9.jpg

Jacket #18 - Addict Clothes sheep single riders
Afv8sLv.jpg
You put Marie Kondo to shame!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really liked the l0. I still want a CCP even though it'll never work

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just put the L-0 up for sale last night: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w294009790

Hadn't worn it in a year - was collecting dust under the bed. I love it, but my style has moved in a different direction...

Gotcha... I’m moving in a more Americana style as well. I’ve never owned CCP/L0 for jackets chiefly due to not being able to trying on combined with a fear of being disappointed in the leather. I think I feel the same way about a1923 but that’s a whole different topic. The point is I need to try A leather jacket on to determine if it’s for me.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics