• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has motivated me to pick up a leather jacket. I haven't owned one in years.

I'll be picking up a Schott Perfecto 618 in black.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
WIWT

IMG_4648.JPG

Please don't be immature

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. Also, it doesn't really, and if you think that it does, then you have the same knowledge of female anatomy that I imagined that I did when I was in grade 4. So do yourself a favor and let it pass.

Remarkable non sequitur

Anyway, the phallic symbology of sky scrapers is pretty widely accepted

Are you now accepting that a box pleat DOES look like labia ? (As a cucumber looks like a penis)
But it doesn't bother you ?

Because that's not what you said
Bro, were you that kid who didn't understand why everybody teased them even though they were so obviously right, and later that kid who felt so misunderstood in college because no one could understand their very correct point, probably because you were an intellectual in a sea of basics?

I was trying to gently discourage @sinnedk from his constant harping on a point that people were getting tired of. I feel like he got the point, and he was going to take some mostly good natured ribbing and roll with it and that would be the end of that. But no, you have to take up a dumb cause and bring in whatever rudimentary logic you learned in philosophy 101 and have everyone mock you. Here is a hint that will serve you well for the rest of your life: when everyone is laughing at you, it's probably you.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ummmm :uhoh: should I order a fine creek leon custom or not?
If it looks good on you, yes. Try it on in-store and trust your first instinct. It's the one that is most likely to be correct.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could get it cheaper. About 1.3-1.4k USD. Options of lamb or calf what do u think?

Brand new? If it’s either the classic L01 or L17 in black (no distressing etc) I’d say go ahead. They look good, I like the fit (never tried on myself though) and SLP jackets have good resale value.

I’d get the calf one for durability, although some swear by lamb in these designer jackets.

skyfall

Reaction score
Thats great to hear as I have a Aero jacket arriving next week in natural horsehide and that is exactly the color I want to achieve.

Did you put anything on it or just wear it around?

What did you order? Natural vicenza or natural cxl fqhh?

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a bit of an off topic question: if horse leather is stronger than calf, how come it’s rarely (if ever) used by traditional shoemakers, which seem to always use calf?

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a bit of an off topic question: if horse leather is stronger than calf, how come it’s rarely (if ever) used by traditional shoemakers, which seem to always use calf?

Because they cost double.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it looks good on you, yes. Try it on in-store and trust your first instinct. It's the one that is most likely to be correct.
Why is this even being asked. Of course yes.

The jacket looked good on me. Spot on fit. Very stiff.

Only issues was the arm holes I felt were cut too close to chest (imo)

Most of them use shell which is a part of the horse.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads