• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

How does the junya cafe racer fit? Solid 38 chest, would I be looking at a medium or in true junya fashion a L or xL? Also if anyone has one for sale..
I'm a 36/46 and wear a small in another Junya model. I think you'd be fine with a "M" but someone who owns this one should chime in.

gong

Reaction score
how would you even go about searching for that on y!jp auctions? that is probably the perfect moto, imo.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
I don't know, man. I find it too busy. Four zips on the front (not counting the main zip) is too much. Front-facing zips on the cuffs, on top of that. AND another zip across the upper arm. I know I'm a big fan of Rick Owens so my bias is clear, but the moto collar intarsia is IMHO the perfect moto jacket: absolutely minimal, sleek, super slim cut. You have just enough embellishment (the seamed lines) to keep things interesting. Plus the leather can be had in various treatments e.g. metallic, blistered, for added texture.

Edit: On second thoughts, I'd add the Margiela 5-zip. That's pretty damn good too. Just wish it didn't have a purposely boxy/off-shoulder cut.

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first Aero Premier Half Belt two weeks ago. Really happy with how it turned out, and the front quarter horsehide is getting softer with each wear. Only nitpick I had with the ordering process was that I was originally quoted 8-10 weeks, but didn't receive my jacket until the 16th week.

I did notice this broken thread yesterday (see below) and wanted opinions on whether or not this would impact the structural integrity of the jacket. I have only worn the jacket 6-8 times and I normally don't wear my clothes hard, so seeing this surprised me. I tried my best getting a picture (it's at the shoulder seam). I would contact Aero, but they're out until Monday. Opinions from those more knowledgeable than me would be appreciated!

Other than the broken thread I am really happy with how this turned out. Already planning my next jacket - thinking of a custom Bootlegger with the "Sunburst" pattern on the back. Assuming they're able to accommodate that, of course.

This jacket is off the chain.

Congrats.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How does the junya cafe racer fit? Solid 38 chest, would I be looking at a medium or in true junya fashion a L or xL? Also if anyone has one for sale..

how would you even go about searching for that on y!jp auctions? that is probably the perfect moto, imo.

I am your exact size and I've been wondering the same thing. That moto is probably my favorite design I've seen in that style. I check the japan auctions quite a bit and that one has popped up in both S and L recently. But even the chest measurement on the L is like 20cm p2p so I think they fit pretty slim. I made an impulse buy a couple weeks ago of this cracked leather moto from the same collection in M. (I was on the fence if the treated leather and zip-happy design was ugly or cool. I'm still unsure.) I will report back when it arrives.

gong, just type in "junya watanabe" in English or you can try a translation into kanji. it might not return every result, but a lot of stuff will pop up.

gong

Reaction score
if that's the case i may not be able to fit in any of them? i have a 22" chest

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Update! so that Junya moto jacket just came today and fit is spot on for me. They only thing is it's like a waxed, crackled cotton NOT leather. That probably explains why is was like 200 bucks. Doh :-/ Size M is 20.5" pit-to-pit, 18" shoulder. The leather versions are probably thicker and maybe less pliable, but that's the ballpark sizing. I think diniro has an M in the double rider version. @diniro

Gong, you probably need XL if they make that size. Or maybe LA Guy will reinstate that Vanson project and you can get it made to your size.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Update! so that Junya moto jacket just came today and fit is spot on for me. They only thing is it's like a waxed, crackled cotton NOT leather. That probably explains why is was like 200 bucks. Doh :-/  Size M is 20.5" pit-to-pit, 18" shoulder. The leather versions are probably thicker and maybe less pliable, but that's the ballpark sizing. I think diniro has an M in the double rider version.  @diniro

Gong, you probably need XL if they make that size. Or maybe LA Guy will reinstate that Vanson project and you can get it made to your size.

SiZe is a spot on fit for me, good to know

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Update! so that Junya moto jacket just came today and fit is spot on for me. They only thing is it's like a waxed, crackled cotton NOT leather. That probably explains why is was like 200 bucks. Doh :-/ Size M is 20.5" pit-to-pit, 18" shoulder. The leather versions are probably thicker and maybe less pliable, but that's the ballpark sizing. I think diniro has an M in the double rider version. @diniro

I saw the large on yjp, been considering it, but the sleeves sound long.

Can you layer in the medium or only wear a tee? I figure I could swing an M, but mostly concerned with armholes; i can wear a 46 in a 5zip but the armholes cut my circulation off.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I saw the large on yjp, been considering it, but the sleeves sound long.

Can you layer in the medium or only wear a tee? I figure I could swing an M, but mostly concerned with armholes; i can wear a 46 in a 5zip but the armholes cut my circulation off.

I could probably wear a thin knit plus a tee under it -- which is the extent of my layering anyway. Couldn't do much more than that. Armholes don't actually seem too tight, but this is the cotton version. Hopefully someone with the actual calf version will give more input.

cxzizou

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am so attempted by Aero leather jackets. I am still thinking about the style and the leather type. I just have one question: what is the best way to get one Aero jacket in US now?

Should I book one from Aero directly? Will this have import duties?

Or should I contact Thurston bros which seems to be the only source providing lots of options in US?

Any comments and suggestions are welcome! Thanks.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi all,

I am so attempted by Aero leather jackets. I am still thinking about the style and the leather type. I just have one question: what is the best way to get one Aero jacket in US now?

Should I book one from Aero directly? Will this have [COLOR=444444]import duties?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=444444]Or should I contact Thurston bros which seems to be the only source providing lots of options in US?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=444444]Any comments and suggestions are welcome! Thanks.[/COLOR]

Check out the Epaulet thread too. Mike @Epaulet is launching their Aero program next week.

n-domino

Reaction score
@cxzizou I ordered through Aero directly. Easy process, but I did pay duties - $65, I think.

n-domino

Reaction score
@Fenderplyr Here are some fit pics. I was wearing a sweatshirt underneath, so it was a tad snugger. This is a size 38. For reference, I am 5'9.5" and 150-156 lbs, depending on the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads