• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same. I love my Eric jacket. Started looking for 30's sports jackets about nine years ago but I could never find one with all the bells and whistles I was looking for til FCL made theirs. Love the one piece back panel, love the silky quilted lining and cut of the jacket in general. I don't wear my Falls Church nearly as much because of that.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, ****, now I need a new jacket I guess. It's either that, or a new Fender Jaguar. Why do I visit this forum anyway? I only leave wanting to buy stuff.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say fender jag over a jacket.

I still like my Edward. I very much prefer my Buco, I one day will get a LL lightning 402 with fringes in the nicer sheep (what was the name again it starts with an R) or even the cowhide and at that point my Edward will probably sit back.

It's very faded in many areas, I never loved how long it is, or how the sleeves are definitely way wider and longer. It's a strange cut, but it's cool plus it's soft and I like that.

It's just a jacket tho! I like it either way

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still like my Edward. I very much prefer my Buco, I one day will get a LL lightning 402 with fringes in the nicer sheep (what was the name again it starts with an R) or even the cowhide and at that point my Edward will probably sit back.

Rutland! Unfortunately it's discontinued, at least for now. That said it wasn't so much 'nicer' sheep (the other sheep is plenty nice) as 'different' sheep, hence the minimal upcharge (unlike the veg-tan horse and cow hides which are like £450 extra).

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rutland! Unfortunately it's discontinued, at least for now. That said it wasn't so much 'nicer' sheep (the other sheep is plenty nice) as 'different' sheep, hence the minimal upcharge (unlike the veg-tan horse and cow hides which are like £450 extra).

Oh then maybe it's worth saving my money and going for the cowhide veg-tan. I wanted to get it back 2 years ago but then I moved to LA and hesitated then the yen crashed and I wanted to take advantage and bought too much lol

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, ****, now I need a new jacket I guess. It's either that, or a new Fender Jaguar. Why do I visit this forum anyway? I only leave wanting to buy stuff.

johnny marr siggy is a good model , i play a jaguarillo myself and i've owned a 50th annie usa version .

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a Jaguarillo bookmarked on Reverb for about a month now. Only thing giving me pause is I haven't heard anything about the bridge saddle. If it's anything like the Cobain model I want no part of it. That Cobain bridge can't hold a string in place to save its life.

The 'Rillo is leading my list, though. Barring that, I'd probably go the Fender Mod Shop route.

MrProper

Reaction score
100% and combined with thick horse leather that doesn’t stretch much I can see how seams can rip.

I do know that for a tight fit you’d want something like kangaroo or lamb.
Actually, all my jackets are rather tight, but none is made of lamb or kangaroo. It also goes with thicker leather without problems.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a Jaguarillo bookmarked on Reverb for about a month now. Only thing giving me pause is I haven't heard anything about the bridge saddle. If it's anything like the Cobain model I want no part of it. That Cobain bridge can't hold a string in place to save its life.

The 'Rillo is leading my list, though. Barring that, I'd probably go the Fender Mod Shop route.

i happen to like the tune-o-matic bridge ( i'm running 11s with no issues ) i'm actually planning on changing out that bridge for a wraparound TOM style so i can selectively run the strings back to the trem unit - a mod i call the select-a-bender ! lol .

i got mine locally before the pandemic when they were like 300 bucks and it's been a slow burn love affair , the neck is terrific i put avri 65's and kept the stock hb . i also removed the tone pot from the circuit . pairs great wtih my amp .

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I wish is that I could play big amps again. I almost want to buy or rent a house exclusively because I want to be able to play vintage amps. I used to own an 75 Or120 and a 68 drip edge sliver face Bass man and I miss those two the most. I wanna get the same bass man but there is no way I'll be able to play that in like 95 percent of apartments.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I wish is that I could play big amps again. I almost want to buy or rent a house exclusively because I want to be able to play vintage amps. I used to own an 75 Or120 and a 68 drip edge sliver face Bass man and I miss those two the most. I wanna get the same bass man but there is no way I'll be able to play that in like 95 percent of apartments.

i've been thinking in the opposite direction , i had a silverface vibro champ that i gave to my bro and i'd like to replace that at some point . my kiddo plays drums and he loves the padded sound so that's where i'm starting from ... my blackface DR is a good match it's got a heavy alnico speaker that really softens the apparent volume .

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
johnny marr siggy is a good model , i play a jaguarillo myself and i've owned a 50th annie usa version .
Which color, the faded sonic blue or sunburst? I prefer the sunburst, but I'm open to the blue. Definitely won't consider a red.
I run through a REVV D20 and 112 cab and keeps me in check volume-wise. It's a great head in it's own right with it's built in IR loader though I just play it dry and use it as a pedal platform, but to make things more interesting I've added an HX Stomp on my board to really give me some options for when I want to shuffle through various genres.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads