• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@SeoulSoul

I don't love it butI don't dislike it either. Looks like it suits your vibe. If I were you I'd probably keep. What is making you have second thoughts?

EdAno

Reaction score
Is Lewis Leathers operating?
I emailed about my orders placed in January and I have not received the email replies yet.
They used to respond within 24 hours but it has been 5 days and no answer.
Anyone recently communicated with LL?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my all black version of the Joe McCoys Roughout Type 3, and am wondering if I love it enough to get the tan version as well:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my all black version of the Joe McCoys Roughout Type 3, and am wondering if I love it enough to get the tan version as well:

¿Por qué no los dos? :teach:

Reactions: XWT

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have the tan one and it ***** to no end. It's like one of the best things that I own. I would reverse uno that question and wonder if I'd like it in black... and my answer is no. I'd love something just as good but different in black. Like that could work in the same kind of outfits ("rugged" casual wear with work, heritage and western inspiration) but that's different enough that I have a slightly different wearing experience.

Something like a Lee repro with way less nep for instance. Or a little further in the style adjacent, there is the Joe McCoy Driftwood or the Jelado East West. Or maybe a western leather shirt like the Y2 ones TJ from The Shop Vancouver has been doing lately.

1652703251527.png

1652703310139.png

1652703383031.png

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the tan one and it ***** to no end. It's like one of the best things that I own. I would reverse uno that question and wonder if I'd like it in black... and my answer is no. I'd love something just as good but different in black. Like that could work in the same kind of outfits ("rugged" casual wear with work, heritage and western inspiration) but that's different enough that I have a slightly different wearing experience.

Something like a Lee repro with way less nep for instance. Or a little further in the style adjacent, there is the Joe McCoy Driftwood or the Jelado East West. Or maybe a western leather shirt like the Y2 ones TJ from The Shop Vancouver has been doing lately.

View attachment 1792372
View attachment 1792373
View attachment 1792374
I like the tan one a lot. I wonder if I'd like it more without the contrasting collar. Y'2 makes a similar one without the contrast collar

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the tan one a lot. I wonder if I'd like it more without the contrasting collar. Y'2 makes a similar one without the contrast collar
I sorta think that the contrasting collar makes this one. One without would also be cool, but probably has a bit less of a western feel.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sorta think that the contrasting collar makes this one. One without would also be cool, but probably has a bit less of a western feel.
Yes, agreed. For the Western aesthetic it makes sense

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, yes you do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads